Coffee Makers in Room

My wife loves her Coffee and preferrs a specialty flavored coffee. Anyway, the question is has anyone ever brought a small coffee maker on board. Is this allowed? What sort of small portable coffee maker would you suggest. Thanks for any input that is out there.

Bill

My wife loves her Coffee and preferrs a specialty flavored coffee. Anyway, the question is has anyone ever brought a small coffee maker on board. Is this allowed? What sort of small portable coffee maker would you suggest. Thanks for any input that is out there.

Bill

There aren't any coffee makers in the rooms and seriously doubt that they'd allow you to bring one on board since they don't really want you to have an iron. You can order room service coffe though.

d

There aren't any coffee makers in the rooms and seriously doubt that they'd allow you to bring one on board since they don't really want you to have an iron. You can order room service coffe though.

d

Actually until a couple of month ago I´d answered the same like you did, however on my recent Lagend of the Seas cruise we actually had a coffee maker in the cabin. Not sure if it´s a Legend thing or if it´s a Suite thing, but it was there.

2502071390101545768S500x500Q85.jpg

Bill

d

While not qualifying as in the bean, you may bring your own flavored creamers and add that to your room service [or cafe] coffee. There should be a refrigerator/ mini-bar in your room that you can store it in. The mini-bar can be cleared out by your cabin steward of all the expensive stuff they want to sell you, and you can have the whole fridge for what ever you want to store in it [or you can just wedge the creamer in]. If you take SOME of the stuff out, they will think that you drank/ ate it, and replace the items at some high charge.

I just saw the post [while I was writing] of the Legend OTS' coffee maker. Hard to argue with a picture [not that I intended to argue with someone who is just giving facts]. That must be a "suite thing" - I've never seen one, and was told [maybe not correctly] that if you brought a coffee maker it would be confiscated for the duration

RCL does not allow you to bring electric coffee pots, they consider them a fire hazard. If your wife wants to make her specialty coffee wach morning, many people bring a french press coffee pot. You can order a pot of hot water from room service. Do a search on french press or press pots and you will find a ton of them. Target carries a bunch.

Bill

You would be allowed to bring any non-electric coffee maker. Like a frensh press. However any device to heat the water wouldn´t be allowed as it´s a fire Hazard. Bring something like a frensh press and get the hot water from room service.

I have always brought a small coffee pot and I've never had anyone say anything. I put it on the desk and make no attempt to hide it.

I have also always brought an iron although this next time I'll probably leave the thing at home... since I've only used it once. I've made a vow to be a smarter packer in the future.

Why a coffee pot or an iron would be more dangerous then people smoking in the cabins or on the balcony makes zero sense. It is just silly.

so... I'll continue to bring my little bitty coffee pot and I'll be very surprised if anyone ever says anything. If they do I'll deal with that when it happens.

If you look at the picture that was previously posted, the pot on the left is a "french press". We use one at home as it makes a perfect 2 to 3 cups of coffee, fresh whenever we want some.

Hypo

Actually until a couple of month ago I´d answered the same like you did, however on my recent Lagend of the Seas cruise we actually had a coffee maker in the cabin. Not sure if it´s a Legend thing or if it´s a Suite thing, but it was there.

2502071390101545768S500x500Q85.jpg

That's very nice, we had a suite on Mariner back in December. Wasn't a coffee maker in sight, would have been nice though.

d

I too have brought along a small coffee maker and never had anyone say anything about it. It only holds 2 large cups of coffee so it's almost impossible to leave it on-pour out the two cups and unplug it. To me it is not as dangerous as a curling iron in your room or smoking anywhere on the ship.

[quoteOriginally Posted by madforcruising

d

We had the same setup on our Enchantment cruise last week. It may be just a suite perk though. We're planning on taking some of our favorite coffee with us on our cruise next year.

My Aunt and Uncle have sailed RCCL 5 times, and every time she brings her two cups Krupp's coffee maker and says she's never have a problem. I intend of bringing a French press but will also have concierge service so will likely have coffee there as well.

Can anyone comment on the Explorer specifically in terms of the GS catagories having coffee pots in them?

I have taken my 5 cup coffee maker on every one of my cruises and have never had anyone tell me it was not allowed. It is out in the open and I clean it myself so the cabin steward is not responsible. I take gourmet coffee, creamers and sugar packets. I was making coffee for everyone on my last cruise after they tasted the ships coffee. We even bought coffee on board and in the ports and made that also. I have my coffee maker and all the goodies packed and ready to go for our cruise in 2 weeks.

Archived