Future cruise credits - CB

TwinCruiserMom

When I was on the Caribbean Princess earlier this month, I purchased 4 future cruise credits for our family of 5. The lady told me that I needed to use two per cabin when I decided to book. I told her that I thought I could use one per cabin and add the additional $100 deposit for the second person and then both would get the OBC. She told me I was incorrect.

I am getting ready to book a new cruise and I just want to make sure I am understanding this properly. Is this common knowledge? (about using one credit per room) I talked to a Princess rep last night while making some changes to my cruise I have on hold and she said she would have to talk to her supervisor as she did not know the answer. :rolleyes:

I would love to just use 1 FCC per cabin for our next cruise because I already have a cruise a year later that I want to reserve.;)

We bought 2 FCC's several years ago when we were on the Grand. We booked a TA on the crown for next May & had to use both for that trip for one cabin. The same applied to the couple that traveled with us. What they told you regarding using 2 per cabin is correct.

we were on the Star and Caribbean in Feb. and I was allowed to use 1 FCC for ezch ship and then pay the higher deposit. My wife got her OBC.We just booked the Ruby and Crown for 2009 feb and I did it that way agian.

I seem to be ignorant when it comes to some of Princesses policies (coffee card, too), but what is a future cruise credit? We've mostly been on RCCL but will be on the CB this coming New Year's and I am just starting to read the boards.

Thanks.

It is just a deposit that you put down (when you are on the ship) saying that you will go on a Princess cruise at sum point within the next 4 years. This is used to make your deposit when you book and will also give you OBC ( 7 days you get 50.00 dollars pp, 10 days crusie you get 100.00 pp). Hope this helps

With something like this, does it matter what anyone says.

Phone up Princess and go up the food chain until you get a solid answer. Get the name of that person and book accordingly.

When we bought ours in February (2 each) on the Caribbean Princess I talked to the Princess rep about this. She said it was OK to use one, but that wasn't how Princess had envisioned it working. She said they considered it a loophole in the system and they might change it in the future. As far as I know, they still haven't changed it.

When you think about it and do the numbers, in the end it cost you and Princess the same no matter which way you do it. Princess actually gets more money up front if you only use one FCC for two people. When you buy two FCCs and use them both for the same cruise, Princess has gotten $200 of your money. When you buy two FCCs, but only use one, Princess has actually gotten $300 of your money. That would be $200 for the original FCCs, plus the $100 deposit. Granted you still have one FCC left, but that's another thing in Princess's favor. If you still have an FCC, there is an excellent chance that you will book another cruise with Princess in the future.

It is just a deposit that you put down (when you are on the ship) saying that you will go on a Princess cruise at sum point within the next 4 years. This is used to make your deposit when you book and will also give you OBC ( 7 days you get 50.00 dollars pp, 10 days crusie you get 100.00 pp). Hope this helps

Thanks, I get it now. RCCL will let you book your next cruise on board and get an OBC, but they don't let you go any further than that. I guess you just do it one cruise at a time with them.

Not a bad gimmick I guess - this way they know they've got you coming back (which is fine with me:) )

I am actually not sure how they are handling this now, but this is just an observation.

FCC's used to always say at the bottom that each FCC was good for the first two passengers in each cabin.

Our last FCC's purchased no longer said that.

It made me wonder if Princess isn't now trying to close that 'loop hole' in the FCC department where you could use one FCC, pay the second $100 deposit via Credit Card, and both receive the same benefits.

It made me wonder if Princess isn't now trying to close that 'loop hole' in the FCC department where you could use one FCC, pay the second $100 deposit via Credit Card, and both receive the same benefits.

I agree. At the same time I was reading on these boards that a cruise could be booked with one $100 deposit, we were on the Sun Princess (last Jan) and were being told by the Future Cruise Consultant that that was not the case, and that we had to put down two $100 deposits. I didn't know if it was a nebulous thing or if Princess was trying change their past policy.

But, I did learn that you can double book two cruises for the same time period, or even two cabins on the same cruise, as long as $200 was holding each cabin.

I just booked a cruise to Hawaii using one FCC. I added a friend to the booking and she paid a $100 deposit and received the same onboard credit that I did. This was using one FCC. Find a good TA who books high volume with Princess. These are the ones who know. Princess CSR's will give you a different answer each time you call. I have been booking this way for several years and have never had a problem.

Thanks for the replies!

Last night I booked my future cruise through an online agency for a great price. Because this agent was very familiar with Princess, he knew how to book the cruise using one FCC for each cabin. All I had to do is add $100 deposit per room and two people in each room will get the OBC. So this leaves me with two more FCCs that I can use when I decide on which cruise I want for 2008.

JD told me that the lady on the Caribbean Princess was correct - according to their manual you should use two FCCs per room. He said that those who book a lot with Princess know how to book the rooms with one FCC. I agree with drpack - it is not like Princess is losing out so I do not know why they would discourage this activity.

By the way, my FCCs each have the notation at the bottom about using them for up to 2 passengers.

And if you have a really good TA and you book when they are having one of the $100 booking specials they will automatically use that and not your FCC's. you don't have to use any FCC's and you still only pay $100 deposit/pp.

But then you are going on a cruise so you can always pick up some more FCC's.

Just got off the Island on 7/30. There was no Future Cruise consultant on-board (transitioning to a new person).

We were told to fill out the form and drop it in the box and we would get something in the mail after we got home.

Sure hope nothing goes wrong:confused:

Archived