Underbed Space

bUU

Typically there are 2 sliding drawers at the end of the bed. This where the vinyl luggage mat and extra blankets are stored. You can also use them for clothes or whatever. You can still store luggage under the bed but you need to do so from the sides. A little cumbersome but more efficient use of space.:) :D :) :D

Thanks for the info!

These four bags won't fit within each other. Three of the four can probably be squished down to fit to a height of about 11". The other one will be the full 14" high, and cannot be compressed further. They're the standard "too big to be an airline carry-on" size.

I just measured our bags. Our largest bag is 11" thick. There was a little wiggle room with it under the bed, but I believe your 14" bag will be a problem. There is certainly room for 2 bags 30"x22"x11" plus a 24"x22"x11" without stacking. My little 17"x11"X12" mini-duffle was also under there (a close fit on height, so I'm guessing the clearance is 12").

Christopher and I have never had any trouble storing our bags (my large rolling upright, his rolling upright, my rolling garment bag, his rolling garment bag, PLUS two carry-ons) under the bed. When one stores them under the bed it also has the advantage of leaving no room for monsters. :)

This is the space under our bed on the Maasdam:

2880727590084534781xqTnDS_th.jpg

Now I take a lot of pictures when I am on vacation but never one under the bed. Were you trying to catch a shot of the monster. Way to go Hoyaheel. Cruise Critic rules:) :D :) :D

On our last day, my husband took a lot of pictures in the room--size of closets, fridge, bathroom, balcony, etc--because these sorts of questions ALWAYS come up. And you know, a picture is worth 1000 words:p

Right on:) :D :) :D

• 2 weeks later...
We typically stow empty suitcases under the bed in the cabin. Could someone please describe the underbed space we'll find in a balcony cabin on Noordam? Thanks!

We had a VC on the Noordam on the 2/7 cruise this year. Plenty of space under the bed for luggage...and two drawers at the end of the bed, to boot! Plus...there are two more drawers under the loveseat. Plenty of storage...not to worry! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
revneal, are those monsters only in the suite cabins or might I find one in our verandah cabin? Maybe Alaska is to cold. I'll share my hot chocolate with him/her if seen. I enjoy your posts.

LOL!

I didn't see this until today!!! GREAT sense of humor!!!

I don't know if there are Monsters in the Suites. I've never cruised in one. :D

There haven't been any in my inside cabins. :D Though ... perhaps someone might say that *I* was the monster? :D

Could someone please describe the underbed space we'll find in a balcony cabin on Noordam? Thanks!

Dark.

Slightly dusty carpet.

A drawer at the foot of the bed - generally filled with mattress pads & bed scarves.

Four Metal legs with rubber feet.

Metal slats supporting the mattress.

Wires dangling under the head of the bed for the telephone.

Perhaps a lost sock or toenail trimmings from the previous occupant?

Just like any other under-bed space on any other cruiseship...

:cool:

Dark.

Slightly dusty carpet.

A drawer at the foot of the bed - generally filled with mattress pads & bed scarves.

Four Metal legs with rubber feet.

Metal slats supporting the mattress.

Wires dangling under the head of the bed for the telephone.

Perhaps a lost sock or toenail trimmings from the previous occupant?

Just like any other under-bed space on any other cruiseship...

:cool:

You're forgetting the hyper-dimensional entrance to Davy Jones' Locker.

Archived