Well I Must Be Cruise Addicted...

trickiedick

I agree Sean, I think Richard needs to check into if he can still book a cruise while on the ship even though it is a RSVP Charter. I am thinking that the Front Desk will have a phone number that he can call and either book the Feb 9th or do a open booking for himself and Christine. That way the deposit would only be the $100 and they would get a little bit of a Ship Board Credit.

lets not forget there is still an open aft VA on deck 5, and other cabins above and below us :)

I know I'M addicted....now, if I can just get my new travel companion addicted, I'll be all set...he's never cruised before but doesn't bat an eye at shelling out over $300 per night for hotel rooms! :eek:

Plan of action:

SY Suite on HAL Zuiderdam should do the trick, add a cabana on Half Moon Cay...tailor all shore excursions to his interests and then:

Plan B already booked & waiting...Eurodam, here we come! woo hoo:o

Ok. I admit it. I'm bad.Hooked. LOL

I know I'M addicted....now, if I can just get my new travel companion addicted, I'll be all set...he's never cruised before but doesn't bat an eye at shelling out over $300 per night for hotel rooms! :eek:

Plan of action:

SY Suite on HAL Zuiderdam should do the trick, add a cabana on Half Moon Cay...tailor all shore excursions to his interests and then:

You've got in bad!

Richard, we are thinking about you and know you are having a fabulous time. Christine has done such a wonderful job . . . . I hope you found the perfect "thank you" gift for her.

Oh... Oh !! I have the answer....how about a subsidy for a Yum Yum cruise booking as a gift!:)

I like the way you both think! A thank you gift is definitely on order....although sorry Sean, as much as I would love a subsidy for the Yum Yum cruise... I couldnt resist requesting jewelry from Italy! :D

Plan of action:

Katrina,

I found out after my first HAL cruise...its easy to become addicted!:)

I agree Sean, I think Richard needs to check into if he can still book a cruise while on the ship even though it is a RSVP Charter. I am thinking that the Front Desk will have a phone number that he can call and either book the Feb 9th or do a open booking for himself and Christine. That way the deposit would only be the $100 and they would get a little bit of a Ship Board Credit.

Lisa,

I did tell Richard to check with the front desk to see if they can make a call or something to honor the $100 deposit deal while he is on that cruise to hold a booking for the Yum Yum Cruise. He will let me know...cross your fingers!:)

I like the way you both think! A thank you gift is definitely on order....although sorry Sean, as much as I would love a subsidy for the Yum Yum cruise... I couldnt resist requesting jewelry from Italy! :D

I could make some remark about woman and jewelry.....but I have to be careful. No telling what revenge will be cooked up by the rowdy broads!

I could make some remark about woman and jewelry.....but I have to be careful. No telling what revenge will be cooked up by the rowdy broads!

Best not to tempt fate....... :D you're already in deep enough

Sean,

You are definitely better off leaving that one alone! Too many women in here to gang up on you!

What woman wouldnt accept a gift of jewelry from Italy???? :rolleyes:

I've been reading this thread and enjoying the banter. I would love to join the Yum Yum cruise' date=' but our 15 day Maasdam cruise will just be ending in San Diego, the day you embark the Oosterdam for the Mexican Riviera.[/quote']

So what's the problem?.....just get off one ship and get on the other!:D

I've been reading this thread and enjoying the banter. I would love to join the Yum Yum cruise' date=' but our 15 day Maasdam cruise will just be ending in San Diego, the day you embark the Oosterdam for the Mexican Riviera.[/quote']

So what's the problem?.....just get off one ship and get on the other!:D

Yeah...what's the problem luvcruisin? Just continue on another 7 days!! How convenient...same port, no transportation required! :D

I have to go back to work sometime' date=' but it is tempting.[/quote']

Oh yeah...minor detail....WORK!

I forgot about that!

I sell real estate in Chicago...we have no work in February! Hell...we have no work now!:eek:

I have the time...but then there's that minor detail of paying for it when there is no work going on!:p

Life can be so unfair!!:rolleyes:

By next year I may still be trying to recoup the money that I'm now losing. I work for the City of Vancouver and we are on strike right now - strike pay is about 1/2 the amount of our regular wages. Only good point about being on strike - more time to enjoy the summer sunshine!

By next year I may still be trying to recoup the money that I'm now losing. I work for the City of Vancouver and we are on strike right now - strike pay is about 1/2 the amount of our regular wages. Only good point about being on strike - more time to enjoy the summer sunshine!

Hey make that one of your demands..."More cruisin'.....Less workin' !"

Richard and Christine, checking in to see if you have any updates on (1) the current cruise and (2) the Yum Yum Man cruise.

Our best wishes for the continued recovery of your Dad.

Hi Stacey!

My dad is fine...thanks for your wishes! I brought him home from the hospital today... they can't find anything wrong. So...hopefully just an isolated unexplained incident. He will see his heart surgeon in a couple weeks. Today at least he agreed to give up mowing lawn, so thats progress!:)

I had a short chat with Richard today. He hasnt been posting on here because he is complaining about the internet connection onboard is wayyyy too slow. He has already spent $200 just using the internet!

Anyways...he is having a great time. He actually loves the inside cabin because he has been catching up on his sleep since its so dark in there....today he slept til noon! Yikes...I would hate that cabin...like living in a cave! :D

They left Venice at 1pm today and will be at sea until Friday morning when they arrive in Valetta, Malta. It sounds like just a fabulous itinerary! He was heading off to a Venetian Mask Party tonight and tomorrow is the Toga Party! No wonder he has been sleeping til noon with all this partying!:D

OK...update from Richard on his Mediterranean Cruise. He gave up trying to post in here...the internet connection is so slow onboard it takes forever to try and bring this site up. So he just sends me quick emails or IM's if I am online.

He is at Sea today and arriving in Valetta, Malta Friday morning. Stacey...the cocktail of the day yesterday was Espresso Martini's and he thinks today is Mojito's again since they have been so popular! He has slept through breakfast everyday!:D Last night was a Venetian Mask Party and tonight is Toga Party! He has been having a great time and highly recommends this cruise....great itinerary and pretty port intensive. But he also has enjoyed some quiet time onboard while others were at excursions in Italy which he has been to many times so he took advantage of the empty ship for some down time without crowds! :)

Two more ports and then back to Rome....the cruise is winding down...he can't believe how fast the time has gone!

Christine, did Richard by chance check to see if he could book a cruise while on board?

Yes Lisa...he did. He went down to the desk a second time to double check if there was any way they could make a call or do something and it was a definite "NO".

I guess they have some special rule on the RSVP cruise...no HAL rep and no booking cruises outside of the RSVP, I guess because it's considered a private Charter.

OH WELL....He tried!

Archived