Searching for best key lime pie in Key West

karylj

Sorry to tell you all, but the best Key Lime pie is not served in Key West but in Tampa, and it's made by my dear wife. We lived in Key West years ago, 420 Olivia, and she learned from a KW native, commonly referred to as a conch.

A real Key Lime pie is made with Graham Cracker crust, has whipped cream, and is yellow, not green. Believe it or not, the pie is not baked, the acid from the Key Limes "cook" the filling.

I'm sure there are plenty of great choices to be had on the island, enjoy!

Kermits, Kermits, Kermits hands down!!:D

I agree. Even when Blond Giraffe was open....years ago...I still thought Kermit's was the best. Even after all these years, I still get a kick out of Kermit standing out there on the corner. :D

A lot of people love Blue Heaven's pie. In fact, it was even featured on a tv show once. I'm not a huge fan of it though because I don't like when they put a tall layer of meringue on top. The pie sits about 6 inches tall, only about an inch of it being the actual pie. If you like meringue, you'll love Blue Heaven.

I agree. Even when Blond Giraffe was open....years ago...I still thought Kermit's was the best. Even after all these years, I still get a kick out of Kermit standing out there on the corner. :D

/quote]

Me too!

And Kermit Carpenter is good to the community!

Mike:)