On a quest for QE2 Maitre De names

transat_jon

Putting something together just now and realise I need a list of QE2's Maitre De names. Full names if possible.

Who can help me out here?

A big thanks in advance.

Jamie Firth is the Maitre'D in the Mauritania Restaurant, sorry can't help on the others.

Jamie Firth is the Maitre'D in the Mauritania Restaurant, sorry can't help on the others.

Thanks there, I could remember Jamie F...... but couldn't think of the rest. I had Fyrs....First but knew I was wrong.

I cannot for the life of me remember for Caronia as for the others I have either never partaken or is so long ago I can't remember (and of course could have changed).

Putting something together just now and realise I need a list of QE2's Maitre De names. Full names if possible.

A big thanks in advance.

In QG it is either David Chambers or Andrew Nelder. Occasionally Andrew Nelder is the Maitre d' in PG

A big thanks in advance.

jason and james murphy were the maitreDs in the pg when i was on board

Thank you all this great help and a big Hi to Beth. Wotec here is the list of what we've got so far:

QE2 Maitre'd

Hotel Manager : John Duffy or David Hamilton

Mauretania : Jamie Firth

Caronia : David Hamilton, Gregory Dorothy (assistant Luka)

Britannia : sometimes James Murray

Princess : Ico (sometimes Andrew Nelder), Jason, James Murray

Queens : David Chambers or Andrew Nelder

Lido :

Pavilion :

Except it all changed on 24Jul07. Hmph.

Hmmm, that explains why the name was familiar to me. So who is the David who was Maitre'd in Caronia for so many years?

Kathy

That was David Thompson. A terrific Maitre d' and a really nice guy. Last I heard was that he was working in a restaurant in Scotland.

It's Jimmy "Murray",not "Murphy" re PG. He is sometimes M'd in Brit, sometimes asst M'd in PG.

Who else are you still missing?

thanx for the correction regarding Murray/murphy but his name tag did say james!

That was David Thompson. A terrific Maitre d' and a really nice guy. Last I heard was that he was working in a restaurant in Scotland.

He started off as a waiter and worked his way up to Maitre d' before going over to QM2, and l gather nows owns a restaurant just outside Edinburgh.

Archived