Great experience with a complaint

debijaynes

My husband and I were on the 6/15 sailing of the Volendam with a pre cruise tour of Vancouver and Victoria. Without excess detail, the baggage handling was a dsaster and our tour to Victoria was disappointing.

On the ship, I wrote out my complaint and handed it in. Several phone later I was told that I would be contacted at home. I was contacted on the day we returned and a week later received a letter with a future upgrade etc.

No complaints here-- but I didn't raise my voice or say anything but the facts.

A happy customer indeed!

Happy your concerns and disappointments were acknowledged and handled to your satisfaction.

Good you enjoyed your cruise in spite of the 'glitches'.

If you care to share some comments about what you enjoyed on Volendam, I'd love to hear. We think her a beautiful ship.

Welcome Back.

I'm sorry your Victoria visit was not a success. It's one of our favorite cities.

What sort of problems did you have?

BTW, the Volendam is our very favorite HAL ship. Hope that worked out okay for you.

The Volendam was lovely with perhaps the best HAL crew we've had. The Victoria trip was poorly done-- the driver our tour director-- did not speak one word after we left Victoria back to Vancouver. The "tour" of Victoria consisted of 4 sentences and left us feeling quite ambivalent about the lovely city that everyone had praised to us. I did say to the HAL rep that if asked, I would not advise anyone to take that pre cruise package.

OUr baggage handling was non-existent. My husband has a bad back -- so that's why we paid for transfers. Not only did we have to schlep our luggage up the steps on the non-HAL bus, so did some quite elderly ladies. Then we were dropped at the side door of the Fairmont-- instaed of at the main entrance where the baggage handlers were.

After all was said and done our tour #29 Kenai Peninsula was fabulous-- not for first time Alaska visitors-- but a fabulous tour. We called it our Seinfeld tour--we know we were having a good time-- knew EVERYTHING was being handled beautifully, but just couldn't put our finger on what made it great.

So now we plan for a Christmas cruise, a fall tour to the Rockies and contemplate our next Alaska trip.

OUr baggage handling was non-existent. My husband has a bad back -- so that's why we paid for transfers. Not only did we have to schlep our luggage up the steps on the non-HAL bus, so did some quite elderly ladies. Then we were dropped at the side door of the Fairmont-- instaed of at the main entrance where the baggage handlers were.

I am interested in your comments, since we are going on the Volendam soon and I cannot manage our bags by myself. You say "Not only did we HAVE to schlep our luggage up the steps" ... did you really HAVE to, or do you just mean there was no one standing there offering to help? I have found that almost always if I ask the bus driver for a hand he is more than willing to earn a tip by lifting my bags for me. Did the driver actually refuse to help, or did you just not ask him? Did the desk at the Fairmont actually refuse to send someone for your bags at the side door, or did you not ask them?

Thanks for clarifying for me.

Archived