Carribean Cruise - Which Itinery

poffles

Hi all,

Forgive but I posted this both here and on the First Time Cruiser (realized this might be the better place after I asked there.)

I keep tossing back and forth between two 7 day Eastern Carribean cruises, one NCL and the other Princess, the ship has become a toss up. We have never been to the Eastern Carribean region "ever" so we have no idea how to compare and decide. I've read lots here on the ports but still not sure. I know it is opinion, but what would others choose and why? Perhaps I am getting too picky?

Here are the two itineries (one in November, one in January).

NCL (Dawn)

Miami

At Sea

Samana

St. Thomas

Tortola

At Sea

Great Stirrip Cay

Miami

or ....

Princess (Crown) (Says 7 days but looks like 8?)

Fort Lauderdale

Princess Cays

At Sea

St. Marten

St. Thomas

Great Turk

At Sea

Fort Lauderdale

Any and all opinions welcome ... thanks ...!

I would chose the NCL for freestyle dining and St.Thomas and St.Martin. We were on the Eastern to these islands on the Carnival Valor and even though it was grat, we still lean toward NCL. If you are interested in the beach at the end of the cruise, then going to Great Stirup might be best...

Even though the Dawn is my favorite ship I lean toward the Princess cruise. We've been on the Crown a couple times and there isn't anything wrong with her by any stretch. I like St. Martens and you're leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. Little easier.

Thanks all ... definitely leaning to Princess and unless something unforseen leans it towars NCL it will be Princess, St. Marteen definitely sways the decision. Also thinking it is colder in January so it will make it all the sweeter to be going south!!

I would chose the NCL for freestyle dining and St.Thomas and St.Martin. We were on the Eastern to these islands on the Carnival Valor and even though it was grat, we still lean toward NCL. If you are interested in the beach at the end of the cruise, then going to Great Stirup might be best...

Vacationfool Princess offers "anytime" dinning or traditionial dinning-so how is NCL better?

Archived