senior discount

klb1978

Have been helping my mom try to book an anniversary cruise and I have some questions? Does RC offer senior discounts on all cruises or just certain ones? I noticed that most times when looking online there is just the standard rate listed, however today when I looked at the Jan 6 sailing on Mariner there was both standard and senior rates listed. Also, the senior rates were only for select staterooms (my mom kinda wants a promanade room and discount was not available). Does the rate always only apply to certain room types?

Also, my mom is only 54 but stepdad is 59. Does only one person in the room have to be a senior to get the discount or will the discount only apply to him?

Thanks for your help!

not sure if it matters, but she is looking for something after the holidays (Jan or Feb) and probably on Mariner- Eastern Itenerary

Only one person in the cabin has to be 55 at the time of sailing to get the discount.

The word "always" never applies to any discount that I can think of. They put what is on sale the type cabin they need to fill, so no they dont always put every category on sale.

On my next cruise only the JS is on a senior discount right now.

The Senior Rates are offered on SOME but not all cruises. I think it depends on the FILL-RATE.

The same applies for the different Cabin Catagories. You'll see Senior Discounts on the Cat's that aren't filling, but not on the others.

The discount, if available, is for the CABIN. So, only one has to qualify to get the discount.

I think you'll also notice the Senior discounts may not be available until later when they see the ship may not be full.

We booked a cruise a year in advance, and then when it was "Final Payment" time, a Senior Discount was available, and our price went down $400. :p

If you go ahead and book, keep watching the price and it may go down later.

Hope This Helps.

I think you'll also notice the Senior discounts may not be available until later when they see the ship may not be full.

We booked a cruise a year in advance, and then when it was "Final Payment" time, a Senior Discount was available, and our price went down $400. :p

If you go ahead and book, keep watching the price and it may go down later.

Hope This Helps.

This is what happened to us. We booked a year in advance, and watched as the price for our cat cabin (D1) climbed. It continued to climb after the final payments were due. Then, within the month prior to our sail date, all of a sudden there was a senior discount added and a cabin cat discount added - for a grand total savings of $1500 from the price we originally booked it at! I was soooo excited! (And DH no longer complains about the time I spend on these boards! LOL!)

We got a great senior rate deal last Jan on Jewel--& a terrific hump balcony cabin....We had to cancel a prior trip for a med emergency . We were so sad abt not finding a replacement we saw this last minute deal ----it was great! It was after final payment so someone else must have had to let the cabin go-- If you can get in on something like this--go for it!

Archived