Coffee Cards

wards04

Is Jamacian coffee included with the coffee card? I believe we paid $2.30 for it last year.

I did not see any Jamaican coffee on the coffee menu. They do have flavored coffee such as Hazelnut, vanilla, and two others that I forgot.

I never drank coffee in my life until I went to Italy, now I have an Italian cappuccino every day! :) Thinking that I must now like coffee, I poured a big mug of American coffee and had to spit it out! :eek:

So........my question is, are the specialty coffees Italian brews? :confused:

Is the coffee delivered for room service fresh brewed or "concentrate" :(

I love my first cup of coffee in the morning and can't imagine it not being fresh brewed. I'd love to enjoy it out on our balcony but if I have to I'll get dressed and head to the dining room.

Is the coffee delivered for room service fresh brewed or "concentrate" :(

I love my first cup of coffee in the morning and can't imagine it not being fresh brewed. I'd love to enjoy it out on our balcony but if I have to I'll get dressed and head to the dining room.

I had a pot of coffee delivered to our room and it tasted like the ones they had on the buffet area, which means they're not freshly brewed.

Are you sure that's correct? I THOUGHT the coffee in the Horizon Court is from a concentrate, but the coffee in the dining rooms is brewed. Admit I use cream and sugar, but I think the dining room coffee is decent, and it tastes brewed.

Bill

The dining room coffee is from concentrate also. How do I know? I asked the waiter who was serving me coffee in the dining room aboard the Sapphire Princess a month ago. In the Horizon Court, I had coffee from 3 different dispensers (out of a total of 6) and I had 3 different strength's of coffee. If you number the strength's from 1 to 10 with 1 being so weak you can see the bottom of the cup to 10 being undrinkable (there's not enough cream or sugar to save it), I had 1, 10, and 6, in that order. The coffee with the strength of 6 was better than coffee from the dining room, mostly because the dining room coffee is not that strong. Princess's maintenance of their coffee dispensers in the Horizon Court leave something to be desired. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 6 level of strength of coffee in the Horizon Court. If you find their dining room coffee to be acceptable, then find a dispenser on the Horizon Court that fits your taste. If the coffee is still too strong, water it down.

I am interested in good brewed coffee and am not too interested in specialty coffees....

Was debating on the coffee card or Was thinking about bringing those coffee bags that you use like tea bags and use 2 bags for a cup. If I order hot water does it come hot enough to adequately "brew" the coffee bags or is it more lukewarm?

I never drank coffee in my life until I went to Italy, now I have an Italian cappuccino every day! :) Thinking that I must now like coffee, I poured a big mug of American coffee and had to spit it out! :eek:

So........my question is, are the specialty coffees Italian brews? :confused:

The "free" coffee is Italian style, that's part of why many Americans don't care for it. I have to admit, Starbucks-like coffee is my favorite too, although I like pretty much any coffee. The specialty is more American style. I don't know if you can get an Italian Cappuccino or not; ask before you buy (hopefully the bartender will know the difference).

Just wondering: is the Card something you can carry over to the next cruise, or is it only for the particular cruise that you purchase it on?

If not, will they "buy" it back?

I usually have a specialty coffee per day, but since its only a 7-day, I'm likely going to have to double up, (or triple up even!) to use them all. So if you see me, I'll be the one bouncing off the walls at 2am (albeit very quietly so as not to disturb anyone) .... :D

FOFT

Just wondering: is the Card something you can carry over to the next cruise, or is it only for the particular cruise that you purchase it on?

If not, will they "buy" it back?

I usually have a specialty coffee per day, but since its only a 7-day, I'm likely going to have to double up, (or triple up even!) to use them all. So if you see me, I'll be the one bouncing off the walls at 2am (albeit very quietly so as not to disturb anyone) .... :D

FOFT

Also, depending on how strong you like your specialty coffees, you may find you're ordering doubles, which is two punches. It took me a couple of over-sweet mochas until I figured out that a double was better -- closer to the strong coffee flavour of one from Starbucks.

We found the coffee card thing to work well, especially for the DW so she could get her mocha fix. As a side note, having just got off the CB for the 2nd time, the dining room coffee wasnt right to me. It tasted like instant. It was kind of a surprise as dining room coffee was fine the last time we sailed this ship.

• 7 years later...
I believe what they are saying is... if you have the coffee card, then the brewed coffee is free.

This is only free if the card is for that ship (cruise). I always get a new card but use my older card for Latte's. When the old card has no punches left I start the new one. You need this new one for brewed coffee.

I love the IC for this.

Actually they have free brewed coffee before 6 AM on the last 3 ships we've been on- no coffee card required. They also haven't been writing the ships name on the card either. We've got 10 cards, all unused & never once did they write a ships name or voyage on any of them.

Another thing is that on the Regal & Royal the coffee in the buffet isn't the liquid mix they have on the other ships so a coffee card isn't required to get the dripped coffee anytime. (also hot chocolate is available for free anytime at the buffet)

This is only free if the card is for that ship (cruise). I always get a new card but use my older card for Latte's. When the old card has no punches left I start the new one. You need this new one for brewed coffee.

I love the IC for this.

This thread is from 2007 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you buy the soda sticker and coffee cards?

You may purchase a Coffee Card through Cruise Personalizer for $33.75 I believe which is less cost than aboard ship. I'm not sure if the Soda Card is available because that cost is calculated specifically on your cruise length!

You may purchase a Coffee Card through Cruise Personalizer for $33.75 I believe which is less cost than aboard ship. I'm not sure if the Soda Card is available because that cost is calculated specifically on your cruise length!

It is $33.35 ($29+$4.35) on the ship & $31 in advance (no tip added) through their gifts section.

Edited by Astro Flyer