Favorite Caribbean Beach?

I am interested in finding out what everyone's favorite Caribbean beach is and why they love it so much! Please provide the name of the Island, the name of the beach and a reason or two as to why it is great. Thanks!

... on St. John comes to mind. Not only was the beach wonderful but the snorkeling was phenomenal. It was not a huge (wide) beach but we were also there during high tide. Nice sugar sand (white) to walk in. One of those picture postcard beaches. :cool:

My favorite has to be Jan Thiel beach in Curacao. It was recommended to us by ship employees and when we arrived, there were only a few locals and ship employees present. The water was crystal clear, great for snorkeling. There were very nice changing facilities and also an open air restaurant. This place was also tops optional.

Palm Beach in Aruba. It is the only beach where I went in the water and almost drifted out to sea because I didn't want to come out.

- cool breeze

- clean/clear water

- water rafts

- gorgeous scenery

- easy to get to (nice taxi ride)

- water equipment to rent

- refreshments close by

Paradise!

Orient beach at St. Maarten gets my vote. We had comfortable loungers with cushions, a small table between us, an umbrella and a very cute young man to bring us drinks! There was beautiful foliage behind us to mask any development so it seemd very secluded.

White sand, perfect blue Caribbean water - what can I say? It doesn't get much better than that!

Maegan's Bay @ St. Thomas

Orient Beach or Dawn Beach @ St. Marteen/St. Martin

Palm Beach @ Aruba

Trunk Bay @ St. John

Princess Cays @ Eluthera, Bahama's - so relaxing

Best thing, no vendors bothered us on any of these island beaches but were available if we wanted to purchase something

Okay Orient Bay Beach is at the top of my list along with other favorites 7 Mile Beach and Trunk Bay.

Beautiful beaches that come to mind and I cannot remember the exact name is on Anguilla. Visited there on a day excursion from St. Martin...wow the beaches there on Anguilla are 'to die for'

Eagle Beach in Aruba is also wonderful.

Glad to see Long Bay in Antigua mentioned as will make a visit there in April on Jewel of the Seas.

Emmy :)

3rd vote for Trunk Bay on St. John here. Beautiful spot, wonderful beach. Snorkeling was awesome and the facilities are great. Only bad thing is the time it takes to get there, hour by taxi, hour by ferry, then you are there, then another 2 hours to get back, but it is well worth it!!

#2 - Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. Does get crowded but it is a beautiful inlet and the water is so lovely. Also the drive across the island is smashing!

Now then on our first cruise we went to Barbados and the taxi driver took us to somewhere called "Weiser beach". It was quiet and secluded, there was hardly anyone else there and it was perfect. This would be my number 1 fave as it was our 1st cruise and our 1st trip to the Caribbean. It was somewhere near the slaughterhouse and distillery, as I remember. I know that's not a particularly appealing description, but it was perfect

Archived