Single fare rate

barb65

Hi, Thats about right, you can put in 1 person and get the exact rate for any cruise, right on the line's website. Sometimes it's so close to double I check 2 people just to make sure it's at least a bit less, once I even found 2 people to be cheaper than one:eek: hope this helps

I'm planning to book a single fare, inside cabin. Can anyone tell me what the rate is? I heard it's anywhere from 150-200 percent of the regular fare. :confused:

barb65

Please consider booking a 1A cabin. The 4a has 2 twin beds that can be pushed together to make 1 bed. Many 1As have 1 twin bed. The upside is that there is actually more floor space without 2 beds. Why pay more to have a 4a? You can even pick the 1a cabin you would like. 150% sounds a lot better than 200%. My 1a was just enough room for me when I took my first cruise on the Paradise.

is based on only the cabin portion, subtract the ports, and txs..on CCL rate is 50% more on cabin rate..add bk the ports and txs..I booke 1A g'tee..get upgrades or OBCs..not sure how amny rates/cats this applies to.

My upcoming(Elation) 1A is just under 130%. I'm traveling solo so a 1A is fine for me.

Marie

I didn't know what the "regular" price of a 1a was when I booked mine for the Elation. Mine was $389.00 before taxes and such and I am thrilled to death. I saw an ad for the 5 day "from $299.00" so I imagine that is a 1a rate per person with 2 to a cabin. I too am going solo. You'll have to let me know if you actually get a 1a or you get upgraded a little.

Darlipoo--Remember last week I was assigned a 4A room with a room number? Well, since I went for this price drop($45) I am back in the 1A pool, and no room number yet. I was fine with going back to the 1A pool because my 4A was on the Riviera deck, so I couldn't get any lower, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if I am assigned the same room as before. My total price with taxes, etc. is $421, solo. I'll let you know what I end up with.

Marie

My 6D OV cabin on Empress deck on my upcoming cruise cost me $379.00 with the tax and port fees it came to $421.00 I booked in March using the dp3 past guest code, looking at it recently if I were to use the new dp7 code it would cost $659.00 for a 6D OV on the same deck go figure:confused:

Looks like some of the solo cruisers got decent rates, however, as a point of reference it might be helpful to say how long the cruise was for. It appears that most were for 4 or 5 days but if someone did not know that and was looking at a 7 day cruise they may be disappointed not to find such low fares.

Darlipoo--Remember last week I was assigned a 4A room with a room number? Well, since I went for this price drop($45) I am back in the 1A pool, and no room number yet. I was fine with going back to the 1A pool because my 4A was on the Riviera deck, so I couldn't get any lower, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if I am assigned the same room as before. My total price with taxes, etc. is $421, solo. I'll let you know what I end up with.

Marie

Got my room assignment. I fared better going back into the pool room wise, and price wise :). I am assigned another 4A on the Main deck, and the room is in a better location. Also, one deck up.

Marie

I am booked on the Fantasy 9/13 - 4 night -

1A gtd...$399 (double occupancy rate was $299pp)

Still waiting to see if I get upgraded (room not assigned, and no 1A's left).

Will let you know what happens..

Looks like everyone is doing OK with the single fares. I have only done 7 day cruises but I have averaged between $75-$80 per day for 1A's with either porthole or picture window cabins that I chose. I do cruise with other lines but the bang for the buck on Carnival is hard to beat going solo.

Looks like everyone is doing OK with the single fares. I have only done 7 day cruises but I have averaged between $75-$80 per day for 1A's with either porthole or picture window cabins that I chose. I do cruise with other lines but the bang for the buck on Carnival is hard to beat going solo.

That is a very good per day rate. I've only cruised solo on HAL(which I love), so this will be my first solo on the "Fun Ship". I am a bit nervous, but I know it will be fine.

Marie

Archived