Best beach on Labadee???

Which beach do you think is the best on Labadee? I found a link to the RC map of the island, so it seems like there are several choices for which beach to pick. Which one is least crowded? Does one have more waves? Also, on the map, the island seems small, can you walk everywhere or do you have to take the bus? Thanks!

Heres the map link, not sure if it will work lol http://www.cruisedailies.com/pics/5346.jpg

Here is a satellite map of Labadee with most of the points of interest marked on the map. You can also judge the distances by the scale on the map, and the Voyager class ship docked in the bay.

Hope that helps!

By the way... if anyone with a GPS ever does that new Zip Line, I would be very glad to get the coordinates of the start and end points so I can add them to the map! I'll be happy to credit the source! :)

Theron

It's really fun to watch the ziplines from the beach BUT that beach (I think it was dragon's breath - but not 100% sure) is very very rocky. I don't recall the original beach being so rocky.

Also I stepped on a sea urchin and had to have the barbs removed by a first aid person on Labadee - and it hurt like #+*!!

There really aren't any "waves" so to speak of on Labadee. I don't know the name of the beach, but we walked past the 1st beach after the tender, and bore to the left. If you went all the way left, there was another beach area, just past the BBQ set-up. We didn't go that far. We found a nice shade tree (hubby's not fond of alot of sun) where he could park, and I sunned nearby. It was close enough to the restrooms, but far enough away to have some solitude. About 2 pm, they set up a volleyball net and we watched the players for awhile. Very pleasant day!

I hear that Hideaway Beach is awfully nice. But we've gone twice to an un-named stretch of beach that we like. If you get off the tender, you walk straight forward toward the far shore. Then, veer a little left and you'll see a long stretch of beach with a few trees and it's absolutely not crowded. Dragon's Rock is off to the far left of this point. Below are pictures from our place. Behind you are bathrooms and a drink stand. Down to the right is the BBQ hut area.

2503088350039822749S425x425Q85.jpg2163516300039822749S425x425Q85.jpg2702114010039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

Can anyone tell us if there is a problem with jelly fish? When we went to Coco Cay a few years ago, there were tons of them! I refused to get in the water. Anyone know?

This sign is right in front of our spot at the beach on Labadee. We've never been IN the water at Labadee, so I don't know. People seem to be swimming and having a great time when we've been. Might vary from season to season.

2582012380039822749S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is a satellite map of Labadee with most of the points of interest marked on the map. You can also judge the distances by the scale on the map, and the Voyager class ship docked in the bay.

Hope that helps!

By the way... if anyone with a GPS ever does that new Zip Line, I would be very glad to get the coordinates of the start and end points so I can add them to the map! I'll be happy to credit the source! :)

Theron

Will do in about 3 weeks. Will post here on this thread.

Hideaway Beach, is the farthest beach from the tender dock to the left as you disembark the tender. We have walked it and taken a tram. there are plenty of lounges and a bar. I would recommend water shoes as last time there was more coral in the water that was not visable. In the heat, it seems like a long walk but it is doable. There are restrooms close by as well as a BBQ hut. It's not far to walk to Dragaons Head rock area. The beach to the Right is often not used and has more wave action. Labadee is one of my favorite RCI ports.

Bon Voyage

Which beach do you think is the best on Labadee? I found a link to the RC map of the island, so it seems like there are several choices for which beach to pick. Which one is least crowded? Does one have more waves? Also, on the map, the island seems small, can you walk everywhere or do you have to take the bus? Thanks!

Heres the map link, not sure if it will work lol http://www.cruisedailies.com/pics/5346.jpg

Your map is missing part of the beach and is hard to read. Try this one ...

Labmap-s.jpg

mapofLabadee.jpg

Keep in mind that Labadee is very walkable, its not that big. I made the mistake of waiting for a tram about 25 minutes only to find out that the next beach was just a short walk around the corner. Each little cove beach was prettier than the next. It will be your favorite stop.

I think the beach directly to the right of dragons rock is the best. we were one of the first tenders off and went straight to dragons rock. we enjoyed it for a good 45 mins by ourselves!!!

we then went to hideway but thought they were pushy. we insisted on using chairs that were already out but the guy ran over and cleaned the alread clean chair off when i was about to get in the water. he stood there and stared at my FI until he gave him a tip. He tipped him and we left.

We went to the area by dragons rock and nobody walked past us for another hour. even after and when lunch was being served at a pavilion close by it wasnt busy at all.

and they were very generous with the alcohol over there:D

i've been to the barefoot landing beach which is good and we also go to colubus beach/nellies because it's near the lunch buffet! it's near the kids area, so there are children near, but it can be entertaining to watch the kids play. like i said, you're near the potty rooms, tenders, and the buffet! :-) all the water is wonderful, pretty much wave free. labadee is paradise. just bring bottled water with you - it's hot. and you do walk pretty much wherever you go - trams are hard to catch. we did the kayak excursion one year and nearly got VERY dehydrated from not bringing water. bring water!

• 2 months later...

Hope that helps!

Theron

Will do in about 3 weeks. Will post here on this thread.

Hey were you able to get these coordinates? I'm still looking for the lat/long of each end of the zip line so I can update my Labadee map!

Theron

I am going to say that it depends on what you are looking for. We have been giong to Labadee for many years and it is always a pleasure for me. That being said what I enjoy most is kicking back and relaxing while listening to 'quiet' waves breaking on the beach. For that I agree with what a lot of people are saying that 'Dragons Tail' beach on the Dragons Breath side is the best. Very quiet usually, nice little wave sounds and enough trees around so if you feel like you have broiled enough you can catch some shade.

Actually the place (Labadee) is small enough that you can walk around for awhile and decide what is right for you before settling in.

Archived