Jewel balcony cabin question, 9078/9092

Has anybody stayed in Jewel balcony cabins 9078 or 9092? From the deck plan on the website they look like the balcony is much bigger than normal D1 balconies. Is there some obstruction though, as it shows the elevators right next to the cabins.

Any pictures or comments would be much appreciated, these cabins are available for a Northern Europe short cruise that I'm looking at & it would be useful to know if the balconies are good.

Thanks.:)

Just off the Jewel of the Seas (Scandanavia & the Baltics). cabin 9092. Wonderful cabin. Quiet. Huge balcony with 2 chairs, 2 loungers and 1 table. Very convenient for the elevators. I would think that either of the cabins would work equally well for you. Grab one of them.

bgomes - thanks for the info about the chairs, loungers and table all fitting on Cabin 9092's balcony. I had read somewhere on CC the balcony was large enough for all that furniture and when I mentioned it in a later post of mine, another poster said there was no way that balcony could hold 2 chairs and 2 loungers, along with a table.

You've made my day because a friend of mine and I will be staying in 9092 during our Nov. 11 cruise aboard the Jewel. To all with questions about the cabin and its balcong, I plan to take lots of pix and will post them here upon my return.

Enjoy!

Cindy

Missed out on these two (9078/9092) as DH tells me he can't do the date that they are still available on:(. We now have the choice of deck 10 aft cabins on a different itinerary or a GS, same itinerary, different date at around £200 pp more than a D1. Of course we could have just an 'ordinary' D1, or a JS but now I've got the idea of something a bit special like those big balconies I'm being a bit of a brat!:o :D And to think just a few short years ago I would never have entertained the thought of going on a cruise more than once every 5 years or so! How easily we become blase about our luxuries! (Going away shamefaced having given myself a slapped wrist now). :p

Missed out on these two (9078/9092) as DH tells me he can't do the date that they are still available on:(. We now have the choice of deck 10 aft cabins on a different itinerary or a GS, same itinerary, different date at around £200 pp more than a D1. Of course we could have just an 'ordinary' D1, or a JS but now I've got the idea of something a bit special like those big balconies I'm being a bit of a brat!:o :D And to think just a few short years ago I would never have entertained the thought of going on a cruise more than once every 5 years or so! How easily we become blase about our luxuries! (Going away shamefaced having given myself a slapped wrist now). :p

The deck 10 aft cabins are wonderful also. Which # are you specifically talking about? We had 9260 and the balcony was 10 X 14 bigger than the hump ones. If you want to see pictures click on the link for the Brilliance the rooms pictures start on page 3 I believe.

Hi Sue L. Thanks for photos, this looks great. The one I'm looking at is Deck 10 aft 1604. I've put a courtesy hold on it until we can decide if we like this itinerary better than the other one. This one goes to Copenhagen, other one to St Petersburg, both of which we have been to before! I prefer St P, DH likes Copenhagen!! Probably will find that it's too cold to sit on the balcony anyway & the whole excercise will have been academic.

Hi Sue L. Thanks for photos, this looks great. The one I'm looking at is Deck 10 aft 1604. I've put a courtesy hold on it until we can decide if we like this itinerary better than the other one. This one goes to Copenhagen, other one to St Petersburg, both of which we have been to before! I prefer St P, DH likes Copenhagen!! Probably will find that it's too cold to sit on the balcony anyway & the whole excercise will have been academic.

We just did Alaska with a balcony and we used it a lot. We just had to put on jackets before going out there. 1604 is identical to the one in my pictures, just one floor up.

Thanks for the reassurance! I think an aft balcony would be really nice for this itinerary as it goes out from Oslo and back in to Stockholm early morning. Having done both Oslo and Stockholm on our first ever cruise I know the scenery is spectacular. And I have a very warm coat that I bought to wear in Iceland a couple of years back - could just come in handy for early morning Sweden in May!

Decided on the St Petersburg itinerary (Stockholm-Tallinn-St Petersburg-Stockholm) rather than the other one. Means I don't get the aft cabin but I managed to get 7108 which is in the same position as the ones I originally asked about, just 2 decks down. Hooray!! And thanks again to all.

Archived