music on balcony

nicole9s

I bring my iPOD with external speakers/docking-charger and do play music in my cabin in a low volume.

I would never take outside on balcony with external speakers. I do take my iPOD out when I walk and at times when I go to take a snooze on a lounge chair but I am using headphones.

I would liken hearing someones music on my balcony to what I would consider having to listen to someone speak loudly into their cellphone......rude.

I have lucked out so far on that, but with the cruise lines LOOKING for more revenue, it is just a matter of time they(cruise lines) mess that up also.

I would agree also about smoking on balconies where the smoke is not contained to the smokers balcony.

I would agree also about smoking on balconies where the smoke is not contained to the smokers balcony.

Definitely. Plus there is the slight but possible hazard of flying embers or ash, despite the best and most considerate and careful efforts of any smokers.

I wasn't going to add to this thread since I was the one who suggested the speaker wire, but I'd like to explain to those who are curious enough to care... we like music on the balcony during sail away when everyone is out watching the ropes get thrown, the gangway brought in, waving to the other ships in port, enjoying a cold drink after another great day in port. So, if you hear Jimmy Buffet playing from someone's verandah during a sail away... it's my cabin. ;) Now... if you hear loud rock or rap or whatever the heck they call that junk on the radio these days during a day at sea or at night... it's NOT me. There's a time and place for everything.

MECruzr

Yes, but isn't that the essence of it? You're deciding what's approprirate for the rest of us to hear.

I think it would be really unpopular, given that what different people consider to be good music is so different. On every single sail-in video I've seen for Venice on multiple lines, they seem to blast Con te Partiro (Sarah Brightman and Adrea Bocelli) and I would hate that. It was such an over-played song for so long that I'm really just sick of it. It makes us glad that we will be on our balcony for that moment, not on deck.

Oh Man

anything in Italian is great --How about Zucchero LOL:D

Smoke is definetly worse..

but having said that

I wouldn't want o disturb others--nor have them disturb me..

which is why we are also careful to not slam doors!

Buffet on the other hand is a necessity ;)

Parrotheads unite

I'd think any playing of music on my balcony would be an intrusion on my neighbours, and in consideration of others I'd wear headphones to ensure they didn't hear it.

Dave

Now, I am really confused. I use speakers on the balcony but I plug in and wear headphones so that I can't hear my neighbors complaining. Are you suggesting I bring extra headphones for my neighbors to wear so they can't hear my music? ;)

Maybe this is something to be added to the "Must Pack" list. Headphones or earplugs so you can't hear your neighbor's music (or other noisy activities) and noseplugs so you can't smell the cigarette smoke.

Les

Now, I am really confused. I use speakers on the balcony but I plug in and wear headphones so that I can't hear my neighbors complaining. Are you suggesting I bring extra headphones for my neighbors to wear so they can't hear my music? ;)

Maybe this is something to be added to the "Must Pack" list. Headphones or earplugs so you can't hear your neighbor's music (or other noisy activities) and noseplugs so you can't smell the cigarette smoke.

Les

ROFLOL:D :D :D

okay I see where everyone is coming from. I had not intended to listen to music on the balcony, I just don't understand how music is so much more offensive than smoke. Smoke makes me sick, music doesn't (in general, ever hear anything by KFed, :p :eek: LOL)

I am deaf. That means that my quiet can be quite deafening for someone else. I also hate sub-aural sounds. That is where I can hear something but not everything; that can be equally annoying.

We have a lad in our village; we can feel his music as he drives around; I can't imagine what he can hear in his boom-box/car.

Archived