Grand class ships & traditional dining room location

TwinCruiserMom

I have only sailed on the Caribbean Princess where the Island dining room, traditional, is midship on Plaza5.

We have just booked a cruise on the Emerald and I was looking over the information on that ship on the Princess site. I was surprised to notice that the traditional dining room is aft on Fiesta6. That is where the Palm anytime dining room is on the CB.

So I looked up some of the other grand class ships and it looks like the CB is the only one with the tradtional dining room in the middle on the Plaza deck. Is there a reason for this?

I would think that having the traditional dining room midship would be a good idea as there is less movement. Has anyone had any movement problems with the other grand class ships in the aft dining room?

Has anyone eaten in the traditional dining room on the Emerald? Or the Crown, since they are supposed to be almost exactly alike?

I know this is not a monumental question :rolleyes: but I was curious as the why the CB has a different set up.

Thanks!

Kathy

All the Grand class ships I have been on (Grand, Golden, Star, Sapphire) - all have the Traditional dining aft (Deck 6).

Yes, there can be movement. Usually I feel it when the ship first leaves port but if the waters are rough, one can definitely feel it down there.

Archived