Current C & A gifts in cabin. Should Diamond be different than Platinum?

What gifts have you received on recent cruises? Are the ones for each level the same? I know the coupons are better as you go up a level but wondered about the gifts. All of my friends got the same on a recent cruise and the one that is diamond didn't know if that was right. They each got tote bags.

What gifts have you received on recent cruises? Are the ones for each level the same? I know the coupons are better as you go up a level but wondered about the gifts. All of my friends got the same on a recent cruise and the one that is diamond didn't know if that was right. They each got tote bags.

To my knowledge, the "gift" is always the same... (I've been a "Diamond" on the last few cruises)

...but, really, what's the big deal? It's a token gift...a "freebie"...They don't really have to give you a gift at any level...The whole freebie thing is merely marketing...The whole coupon book, the gift, the onboard "parties"...the whole package...costs them very little...and you're really paying for it anyway...it's accounted for in their pricing...

It's all created to give you the illusion that you're getting something really valuable...an inducement to book another cruise and yet another...

Personally, it wouldn't matter much to me if they give me a "gift" or not...I've got a drawer at home full of tote bags, picture frames, fanny packs, water wallets, key chains and the like...

It's NOT the reason I come back...

The reason I come back is the cruise itself...Give me a good product...a pleasnat cruise...good food and service...a nice ship...an enjoyable itinerary...fun entertainment...and all at a reasonable price and I'll continue to book more cruises...

But a tote bag...and a coupon for a gourmet coffee and a Ben & Jerry's "Peace Pop"...Hey, I can BUY those for a few bucks...I'm paying thousands each time I cruise...I want value for my money, not a free tote bag...

DH and I have gotten 4 of the little totes. I LOVE them. Kept 2 and gave one to my girlfriend and sister. I use 1 to keep all my extra supply of sunscreens in and one I use anytime we are taking the boat out for a long weekend to store snacks, etc. My girlfriend uses hers for the beach all the time. Those by far have been the best thing we got.

But I really don't care, like the previous post, they are nice, but certainly would not keep me from going back. I don't think the gifts are different b/t Platinum and Diamond. It is just a nice touch by RCI to give you something.

Sure all the gift can be the same regardless of level. Higher levels are rewarded with additional perks (coupon books, balcony discounts, concierge/diamond lounge use, and special parties)

The thank you gift is a nice touch. If we don’t need the item received, we give it to table mates or bring home and give to friend getting ready to cruise (RCCL).

Marci

I have my fair share of totes and pleather picture frames! :D

Obviously not the reason I sail RCI! I keep coming back because the cruising experience on RCI ships has been excellent for us as a family. There is something for everyone!

The gifts are nice but they're just that, gifts. I'm more interested in the cabin discounts and the priority embarkation/debarkation. And of course, we just like RCL the best.:)

Happy Cruisin............

Tanker 4

Archived