Formal Night on 3 day Bahamas cruises?

Howdy y'all-

I did not find on the RCCL site, or via a search of the threads here any information about what night is formal night on 3 day cruises. DW and I are taking a quick weekend cruise to get away this Fall.

I am actually trying to convince DW that we can skip formal night allowing us to just take our small roll aboard bags, thus never risking their being lost on the flight over to Miami. Based on some of the other threads I have noted that others just go to Formal night in their bikini tops and pajama pants...I'd at least go smart casual if I showed up in less than formal wear...

DW wants to know if lobster will be served on the 3 night cruise. I guess if so, that is a few extra minutes on the stair step machine that day. ;)

If anyone else is going on the Majesty of the Seas on October 5th let us know so we can have an unofficial meet and mingle.

Only about six weeks before our next mini vacation.

Yes, formal night is night 2. I dress up and still take a rolling carry on bag. You can wear your jacket on the plane and your wife can pack a lightweight gauze type of knee length dress. If she packs ONLY the toiletries she really needs she'll even have room for a few pairs of shoes. :) If I can do it, she can do it.

I love the 3 night Majesty cruise and have done it 3 times. The crew takes the time to treat you special. I've had the same room steward all 3 times and he has remembered me from the first time. I know he really DOES remember and isnt' just pretending because he will mention something that I did from each cruise. That's how great some crew members can be even on those short cruises.

Thanks Y'all for the replies. I had not really thought about night 1 and 3 being out for formal night... I guess night 2 it must be.

No lobster will get her upset...guess I will just have to smuggle a 1.5l bottle of champ to keep her happy... just kidding. I believe I saw J Rockets on there so I will probably try that one lunch or evening. Since we are in port both days away this is more of a quick way to see 2 ports and just get away.

We almost took the cruise on the 12th...but got better pricing as Texas residents on the 5th and let it go at that. My blooper since I will have to somehow catch the Longhorns Playing on TV in the bar instead of at home or the stadium.

Happy sailing to all!!!!!

We're trying to convince a bunch of friends to join us on 11/9 - if so, I will pack a sport coat, slacks and tie, as I have heard it is just fine on the 3 day. I own a tux but no way am I taking that much room in my luggage for one night.... If no friends join us, that will be a casual night in the windjammer.

We're trying to convince a bunch of friends to join us on 11/9 - if so, I will pack a sport coat, slacks and tie, as I have heard it is just fine on the 3 day. I own a tux but no way am I taking that much room in my luggage for one night.... If no friends join us, that will be a casual night in the windjammer.

we have done two 3 night sovereign cruises this year--same bsic format as from miami, but out of port canaveral--and both times we approached the cruise as casual getaways rather than the dressier approach we take to our week-long cruises. the casual dinner in the windjammer, at least on sovereign, was our choice on formal night, and we didn't regret it one bit--enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and variety and the quality of the food was surprisingly good considering the buffet format. and this is coming from a tux owner who always brings it along on a longer cruise (including 4 nighters!).

My husband and I are being way more casual on this 3 nighter we are taking! I am wearing a black grecian style summer dress with black sandals and my husband is wearing a pair of nice pants and a nice button shirt. The other two nights my husband will (shock):eek: wear nice dressy shorts and caribbean type shirts and I will wear capris with a nice top and sandals. During the day swim suit and cover up for me and swim trunks and T shirt for hubby. All fit into carry ons! Have a great weekend get away! I know we will!

Matt, my DH and I never dress formal on the little 3 night our to PC on SOS and we always go to the dining room. He wears silk slack/silk shirt and I wear a skirt and top. We see everything from very dressy to very very casual, so we don't feel out of place at all. On a 7 night, I love to dress up and so does he, but on the little one, I pack as light as possible.

Thanks to all for their input! I may have convinced DW that we can sail with just our one roll aboard bag (size used by flight crew) each for the trip. That with one camera bag and one purse should do it...also makes it easy to carry everything on the plane. (Too far to ride a horse to the port:D )

Archived