Did you find CruiseCritic before or after your first cruise?

When I first came to CruiseCritic, I.....  

219 members have voted

1. 1. When I first came to CruiseCritic, I.....

• Found CruiseCritic before my first cruise
    • Found CruiseCritic after my first cruise
    • Came here looking for information
    • Came here to make a comment/review
    • Came here to make a complaint

I had been on four cruises before finding Cruise Critic. I had just booked my 5th cruise - which was my first cruise in 14 years - and came looking for information since I KNEW things had changed so much. Also I was looking to sail with a child for the first time. What a great resource!

Now I get warm fuzzy feelings when I can help other people.:)

I booked my first cruise quite spontaneous without having much information besides those provided by the TA. Thus I learned the hard way to have a better idea about the differences between cruiselines to find the one that is right for you.

Now I like to get information as much as giving advice and sharing information.

Found CC way after our first cruise...many cruises after. Internet wasn't around when we started cruising.

Now I find it a great place to touch base with fellow cruisers, get info and just feel like maybe the next cruise isn't that far away.

Charlie

After, but my first cruise pre-dates the internet.:p

(OK, OK, not really for the 1969 purists. But CC and widespread internet usage did not exist in 1984)

LOL!...:D

~~~~~~~

Well after my first cruise...If I only had a PC back than maybe I wouldn't have gone on that Cannibal cruise..;)...:D

After, but my first cruise pre-dates the internet.:p

My first cruise predates Cruise Critic too (1986) but I came here before my first cruise as an adult (2006) Since that wasn't an option in the poll, I chose "after":D But I think I joined a while before we booked that 2006 cruise (a year or so, maybe, but in this dialog box I can't see my join date;) )

I think CC was around before my first cruise in 1998, but I wasn't an AOL user. I think for a while they were only open to AOL. I have been a memeber since 2000, though, my sign in states 2002, when I had to re-register.

It's a great place to learn all about cruising, sometimes too much :)

My first cruise was in 1990, Al Gore hadn't yet invented the internet as we know it today :). If I had found this site BEFORE my first cruise, I wouldn't have gone!! :eek: (Just a little joke for the OP, pertains to another thread :))

My first cruise was in 1990, Al Gore hadn't yet invented the internet as we know it today :). If I had found this site BEFORE my first cruise, I wouldn't have gone!! :eek: (Just a little joke for the OP, pertains to another thread :))

Ha! That's why I started this poll. Thanks for the laugh.:p

After our 1st cruise! Actually, I'm kind of glad--we didn't suffer at all not knowing about this site! Discovery is a wonderful thing, so we read the brochure (over and over!!!) did a bit of research, and then were totally AWED by our 1st ship!

I personally think it's better to discover cruising BEFORE you start getting everyone elses opinion!

Archived