If you worked on a Dam Ship.

Happy HALer

If you had to take a job on a HAL ship, and you could choose any position, what you want to do?

Keep in mind you may be Shanghai'ed at anytime to work on the Hammydam (reference to an old post), so give it careful thought.[ATTACH]55330[/ATTACH]

Well ... now ... seeing as how you said "any position" ... and seeing as how I've actually done this several times before ... I'd like to be a permanent, paid, full-time chaplain. :D

Although not an onboard job, I want the CEO's job for a day, to grasp the business from a business perspective.

If you're going to be HAL CEO for a day, I have several "helpful suggestions" on changes for you to implement. :D

Although not an onboard job, I want the CEO's job for a day

... because one day of the CEO's salary would pay for a year's worth of cruising.

Leaving money aside? I'd prefer an onboard visible position -- Hotel Manager, perhaps, or better yet, working at the front desk. I'd like to see what customer service feels like from the other side.

Without a doubt I would want to be a Future Cruise Consultant:) I just feel that position has ME written all over it:D

I just wish HAL paid better:o or I would be there already

I think you would break all records in this position.

I would like to be Hotel Manager and/or Head Housekeeper.Just like 2 on -land jobs in the hotel business.

On the Prinsendam, I was itching to clean all those missed places in every area - public & private .

MaryAnn

Some where on the ship where I could see how they calculate how much food, wine, fuel, etc, they need for each cruise. Not just the food items, but all things they take on for each cruise.

And, to take it a step further, it would be for a long cruise. We are signed up for a 19 day cruise in 2008, so seeing their calculations for that would be very satisfying.

I know they give the stats about this sort of thing, but seeing is believing!

Bruce

Had a chance but did not go for it.

Would work as a Registered Nurse. Wife could travel for free and she thought that was great.

On one cruise we got to know the nurses and they had some real sick passangers and they were working 8 hr on and 8 hr off shifts for the complete cruise. I am too old for that.

Ruth and Jim

Ahoy!

Let's see, how about some new positions!

I would consider : 'official' drink of the day taste tester for all the bars and lounges (quality control, of course), or, perhaps, lifeguarding the outdoor hot tub on the Lido deck with unlimited adult beverages as part of the compensation package (safety first, don't ya know). I'm sure there are other potential opennings.

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

I'm lobbying to be the HAL employee who applies the sunscreen on the topless sundeck.

Ahoy!

Let's see, how about some new positions!

I would consider : 'official' drink of the day taste tester for all the bars and lounges (quality control, of course), or, perhaps, lifeguarding the outdoor hot tub on the Lido deck with unlimited adult beverages as part of the compensation package (safety first, don't ya know). I'm sure there are other potential opennings.

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

I'm starting to see the real thinkers.:D drinking01.gif.3387498a0711ae47c1c8a5c4efcc7d6c.gif

I want to be a singer with the band. They work short hours, get to socialize with the guests and don't really work when in port so you'd get to go everywhere. I would see the ports with my friends Lisa the FCC :D and Hammybee who would hire us on her day! ;)

No question ... onboard future cruise consultant. I would love to be privy to all the ins and outs of every HAL ship and then be able to help people plan their future cruises ... and get to share their excitement as a nice side benefit of the job.

Don't get me wrong ... I think that job involves a lot of work and some mighty long hours ... but I think it would be fun work and therefore wouldn't be a bother.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I want to be a singer with the band. They work short hours, get to socialize with the guests and don't really work when in port so you'd get to go everywhere. I would see the ports with my friends Lisa the FCC :D and Hammybee who would hire us on her day! ;)

The wonderful bennie that the musicians have is that they are union. Therefore they can't work more than a certain number of hours a day. They're probably the only ones on the ship whose work hours are regulated ... so HAL can't ask them to work those Godawful 12 to 14 hour days.

Blue skies ...

--rita

For 4 years in the mid 90's, I worked on board as the ship's florist. Great job, mostly. Did this variously aboard the old Rotterdam, the Statendam and the Maasdam. To borrow from Joni Mitchell, "I'd go back there tomorrow, but for the work I've taken on........"

Archived