Jazzy Jeff and Cruise Director David Martin......

sail7seas

Every now and then in every business, a winning team emerges. Whether deliberately selected or by circumstance, this has happened on Maasdam IMO

Cruise Director David Martin and DJ Jeff Davis, a/k/a the beloved Jazzy Jeff just joined up on Maasdam a few weeks ago and it is clear there is magic going on. These two are so wonderful together that it's hard not to notice.

We have sailed Maasdam way too many days/nights when Crows Nest was more than a bit quiet in the evenings. Not so now! David mentions what Jazzy has planned for the nightclub during his daily 'comments' and Jazzy draws folks up there. Night after night. Whether folks like us just sit at the bar and watch and listen and chat or they get on their feet and dance a frenzy. People are once again loving Maasdam's CrowsNest.

David has a wonderful manner about him. Friendly and interested and so professional. His good looks and elegant demeanor are so appealing. DH and I almost never go to shows. This cruise we attended three shows!! A world record for us and we enjoyed them all. We finally saw Barnaby who many rave about and thought his show very entertaining. The cast of Maasdam presented a new show called On Track and did a great job, we think. Music of the 50's and 60's in a setting of the New York Subway system. It was David's enthusiasm about these shows that encouraged us to go and we are happy we did.

The two together are The BEST! Whoever thought to put them together on the same ship at the same time was brilliant IMO

Well done, Jazzy and David. You both certainly enhanced our enjoyment on Maasdam. Looking forward to when next we sail together.

Jazzy was on Noordam..... in fact, he was on Noordam in January when many of us here on CC sailed with him.

He boarded Maasdam in Boston on August 11. It isn't firmly determined how long he will be on Maasdam.

I don't think that is yet decided, Brian. :)

But, I agree.....it would be great if Jazzy was there. I think it possible Jason may be.

A winning combination Sail, no doubt. :) Both were aboard Noordam's inaugural...

• 2 weeks later...

sailed on the maasdam and enjoyed both of them and also complemented them on how they made the cruise so special have sailed with hal many many years and was amazed at how professional and freindly the both were it reminded me of many years ago with hal some traditions are still around thanks to the both of them certainly hal sees these notes and appreciates the both of them they do have a following in such a short time

Jazzy was on Noordam..... in fact, he was on Noordam in January when many of us here on CC sailed with him.

He boarded Maasdam in Boston on August 11. It isn't firmly determined how long he will be on Maasdam.

Jazzy is great! He was on the Noordam when we sailed her last February! I wonder who replaced him on the Noordam?

I believe that David Martin is new to HAL and Maasdam is his first ship. I hope it becomes HIS ship. He is an outstanding fellow. I don't know who is currently DJ on Noordam. Hopefully Lisa will be able to tell us.

I believe that David Martin is new to HAL and Maasdam is his first ship. I hope it becomes HIS ship. He is an outstanding fellow. I don't know who is currently DJ on Noordam. Hopefully Lisa will be able to tell us.

Don't know if this will be much help. I did speak with Jazzy the same night I posted here last week. It was late and I cannot tell you what ship he told me he was on. He is doing the New England cruise, but thought he may be changing shortly to another ship. I didn't ask about David, but did get the impression he is not still on the same ship with Jazzy at this time.

I was reading him all your comments and I could feel him smiling from ear to ear! He was asking for names and I didn't know any "real" names except RevNeal. He knew exactly who you were. Anyway, he says hello to everyone and thanks you for the kind words.

:) Thanks, Cruzingqueen.

I think David left Maasdam this past Saturday for his well earned vacation. Fingers crossed he returns to Maasdam after his vacation as he and Jazzy are an amazing team.

Yes.......we've known (and loved) Jazzy for years. His smile is infectious!!!

I was reading him all your comments and I could feel him smiling from ear to ear! He was asking for names and I didn't know any "real" names except RevNeal. He knew exactly who you were. Anyway, he says hello to everyone and thanks you for the kind words.

CQ--

Thanks so much for passing on our regards to Jazzy...

He really is The Best.

:)

Maybe Jazzy has toned it down a bit. On the Noordam last November, I had to explain to my MIL what it meant when he said he wanted to toss a particular persons salad. I thought some of his comments were not appropriate to the group of people present. JMNSHO

I heard the same comment, more than once, in May. If he has aspirations to be a CD, he might want to consider toning it down, a bit.

...Maybe Jazzy has no desire to be CD

S7S--

I think you're correct - I seem to recall him mentioning that he was CD for a short time and how he disliked that job.

He seems to very much enjoy what he does, and he does it quite well.

:)

Archived