Pride Drydock

piatty73

Have you ever noticed the tablespoon of cooked spinach tucked under every Charlie Palmer dish? A "signature sign", I suppose.

I had luncheon in New York a couple of years ago at Charlie's restaurant. It was good and I enjoyed our lunch, but the food on the Seabourn ships, better!

MB

Florian was the chef at 2 on the Pride in April and May and his food was far superior to anything with Charlie Palmer's name on it in the restaurant. I was constantly amazed at how he could produce such fine meals night after night in that small galley.

He was the chef in Two when I was on June 30 and I dined every night except 2 in Two. The Austrians are wonderful chefs. The bistros were great as well as the tastings being great.

From my friends on the Pride I hear the refit is going very well. The big change on deck is the single stairway going down from Deck 8 to Deck 7 replacing the two stairways. I haven't seen pictures but it sounds like it will be nice and offer more deck space.

Bon voyage

I did not expect this much respose to my original observation. Let me add that the tasting menu in the Veranda otherwise known as "2" for dinner was excellent. I do not know what part the celebrity chef plays in the actual cooking but my wife and i felt the cuisine was the best we have had on any ship including Regent, Siversea, Crystal. Concerning the age comment i will say that the crowd is younger on the Carribean and Australia trip a couple of years ago. There are still fascinating people aboard no matter the age. I think the Pride is and will continue to be a bgreat ship and there will not be any other ships built on this scale because of the economics in the cruise industry.

I too enjoy the tasting menus in the restaurant and found the Tastings at "2" to be "out of this world." I wish Seabourn would consider having requirements in Charlie Palmer's contract as Cunard has in Todd English's contract for his alternate surcharge ($20 per person lunch, $30 pp dinner) restaurant on QM2. Todd English is required to come onboard every 3 to 4 months to change or tweak the menus and train the chefs onboard. Requiring Charlie Palmer to do this or something similar will hopefully create something new and delicious for our discerning palates. ;)

I too enjoy the tasting menus in the restaurant and found the Tastings at "2" to be "out of this world."

I thoroughly enjoy the tasting menus in the Restaurant but I prefer the "bistro" or "specialty" nights in "2." I thought the Tastings at "2" tried too hard and had just too many different flavors for a single meal. That said, the "bistro" meal alfresco at sunset somewhere between Cannes and Minorca was the best meal I've had on Seabourn. Starters of foie gras and escargots followed by an excellent lamb provencale are items which clearly separate Seabourn from the other lines. The service (especially Gigi the waiter) was flawless. Amazingly, it was easy to get a reservation at "2" on the Tastings evenings but it booked up quickly on the other nights. Luckily, we cleared the "wait list."

I agree with Johnnycruise. I prefer the Bistro nights as well. When I get on I check when they are scheduled. Obviously, I love the steak night. And I miss Gigi. Heck, I miss them all and have no more Legend cruises booked.

Speaking of guest chefs, I have a friend who was watching a repeat PBS series with chef interviews. He said he heard that Marcus Samuelsson spent many months on the Pride as a line chef, for experience. He was not the Head chef. He's quite famous now. Has anyone else heard this? I tried to Google and find out, but it seemed to be missing in the bios I read. He'd be a great consultant.

Marja,

Thank you for posting the Hamburg webcam! You know me~~I can e-mail, post and "google" ~~that's about it!:confused:

I'm receiving e-mails from Hamburg ~~~word is, Pride is lookin' mighty grand! It's going to be: "mirror, mirror on the wall ~~" Mirror replies: "yes Pride Castle, you are the prettiest in the land!":D

Martita B.

The Pride docked in Dover this morning a'round 7 a.m. after a most successful sailing from Hamburg and drydock.

To view the Pride departing Dover this afternoon at 5 p.m. go to the bay webcam:

http://www.bay.tv/baycams/1307.php

I had an e-mail from the ship before she left Hamburg saying "She is beautiful!"

Martita B.

Marja,

I too watched the Pride leave Dover ~~exciting as she's looking gorgeous with her new sparking white paint!

Pleeeeze do not cry~~! Just think about all your upcoming voyages aboard a Seabourn Yacht~~there will be many! We're ALL cheering you on!!:p

Just think, "you've simply been delayed a few months!"

We're sending GET WELL QUICKLY wishes across the big pond to YOU!

And warm hug's

Martita B

Archived