Ice Cream Lovers

CRUIZERS12

My husband and I are booked for our 1st Celebrity Cruise on the Constellation this November. We have always cruise Royal. We both are ice cream lovers! So much that I bring my own sprinkles!!!

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity offers a self serve soft ice cream machine. Royal has them in their WIndjammer Cafe.

Thank you

My husband and I are booked for our 1st Celebrity Cruise on the Constellation this November. We have always cruise Royal. We both are ice cream lovers! So much that I bring my own sprinkles!!!

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity offers a self serve soft ice cream machine. Royal has them in their WIndjammer Cafe.

Thank you

Hi Cruizers !

Yes, they do have it.... but the hours are limited. They also have a selection of various flavors of hard ice cream. Some are quite good, others are just so-so. I wish Celebrity would expand the hours that ice cream is available.

Are you on the November 16th sailing ? If so, hopefully we will meet. Enjoy your Cruise !

Just a tad off-topic -- If you like rum/raisin, request this ice cream at dinner. It's usually so melted, it's in between soft serve and regular. I love, love, love chocolate...but when we cruise, I'll take the rum/raisin over any of their chocolate desserts..

Funny that ice cream should be mentioned. My husband just said last night that he and my best friend's husband will be looking forward to eating all that ice cream on the ship!! Can't wait for it to get here - We are all excited.

See you all on the 11-16 Connie sailing.

Kathy

Thank you

Celebrity has two maned ice cream counters open from noon to 10 pm. At least one of the counters is always open during that time. They serve six or seven sherbets and ice creams daily. The selection varies from day to day. They also serve two flavors of soft frozen yogurt daily. As far as I know, there are no self-serve soft ice cream machines on Celebrity ships.

You can free up a bit of luggage space. Celebrity has jimmies (sprinkles) and other toppings for the ice cream.

Les

I'm sorry. I did not see the words "self serve" in the OP's question. The machine is behind the counter and the attendant does the serving. I have neve been told it is frozen yogurt as opposed to soft ice cream. In either event, it is very good. :p

Les

Just a tad off-topic -- If you like rum/raisin, request this ice cream at dinner. It's usually so melted, it's in between soft serve and regular. I love, love, love chocolate...but when we cruise, I'll take the rum/raisin over any of their chocolate desserts..

You mean you can order this at the dinner table?! I'm in big trouble now! I thought that was the best ice cream I ever had. Will definitely give this a try on my next cruise, although they will be well into the "new, improved" menu by then. Can't hurt to ask. Thanks for the tip!

Last time we cruised I caught a cold. I must have eaten soft serve ice cream 3-4 times a day. YUMMMMMMM!!!!:D My DH LOVED ALL the sherberts, I loved some of them but I don't have as adventurous a palate as he. Or as you guys! There are always lots of posts raving about rum/raison. YUCK!!! But, I trust you guys, so I'm going to have to give it a try.:o

Happy cruising!

Denise

We are ice cream easters too

on our last cruise--one night they did Black peppercorn,

and another night Basil

Both with a particular pastry dessert.

Phenomenal! Our boys asked if there was any left on the next night--but no luck.

Archived