Coke or Pepsi?

tammymacb

I'm on my first RCCL cruise this January.

I'm a diet coke addict, I usually drink one before I get up ( DH brings it to me in bed ) and several during the day.

I always buy a soda card, but like to bring a couple of my own 12 packs for the room. Is this legal ( it's been ok on the other cruises I've been on- I've put a duct taped the boxes together and put a room sticker on them- not trying to hide them at all ) and is RCCL coke or pepsi?

They have Coke, but b/c they don't have Diet Caffeine Free, I always bring my own. Just put it in my carry on and bring it on board. Also bring 7up for DH. They don't care at all about you bringing the soda. I have never done it, but heard lots of people just tape up the soda or water and slap a tag on it and put it through checked luggage. So if you want to do that, I don't think you will have any problem.

You'll be in "coke heaven"

Give me a pepsi, please! :)

It's funny, most people are one or the other, and I drink both. I buy whichever one is on sale. My sister will only drink Pepsi also. I usually have a big 24oz pepsi bottle in the morning and a couple of cans of either coke or pepsi during the day, but I really don't care which one. I like them both. But I do love the new 8oz bottles of coke I can buy now. They are perfect for taking on the cruise or on our boat. Just the right size.

I know of no cruise lines that sell Pepsi. NCL was the last to make the change in the mid to late 90's. Give me Coca Cola products anyday over Poopsi!!!!!!!:) ;)

Haha. Thanks for answering! I didn't think any cruiselines had Pepsi but was just curious. Coke all the way for me!

DH drinks Diet Coke, but he doesn't drink enough of it to break even on a soda card. He always brings a 12-pack with him. I think Coke products are "syrupy" and won't drink them at all. I do like a regular Pepsi now and then, but on a cruise, I don't drink sodas at all. I just stick with the ice tea, coffee and foo-foo drinks with umbrellas and fruit:D

Pepsi for me as well.

I believe on a cruise we should have a choice actually.

I wish they would do away with exclusive contracts.

On my Carnival Cruise last Jan I was really yearning for a Pepsi.

Went to a store by the ship when we docked in St Thomas. Every Pepsi bottle in the cooler was outdated. The Coke bottles were all pre-exp date. Sometimes you just can't win.

I will bring my own.

Laura

How does the soda card work? Do you have to get your drinks from specific locations? About how much is it?

You get a sticker on your seapass card and you get a glass. You can get your drink from any bar on board. The cost is $6 a day for an adult and $4 a day for a child up to age 17.

If you don't have your glass with you just show your seapass card and they will give you what you want.

Archived