Can I take my desert to go?

LolaBunny

I was just curious, as a first time cruiser, can I take my desert to go out of the dining room. I am guessing this wouldn't be an issue, but thought I would ask anyway.

Alot of times, I enjoy my cheesecake at 2am :)

Sure but don't forget the room service menu!

Sure but don't forget the room service menu!

Unless the OP wants brownies or chocolate chip cookies, then it would be better to forget about the room service menu.

OP, i have only had 1 waiter in all my cruising years (it was on the Conquest) that said it was against the rules:eek:

must have been new and wanted to do everything by the book.

I was just curious, as a first time cruiser, can I take my desert to go out of the dining room. I am guessing this wouldn't be an issue, but thought I would ask anyway.

It's not something that is generally done.

My DH missed dinner one night this year on the Glory and I asked our waiter if I could take him a plate back to the cabin. He had me choose from the menu and brought it out to me when we finished our meal and were ready to go.

`It should not be a problem. Once when my wife was not feeling well she stayed in the room for dinner. The waiter insisted on preparing her a meal to take back to her in the room. You might ask for it to go instead of just walking out.

I had pretty much the same experience. My ex had sprained her ankle while on shore and was having a hard time getting about. I went to dinner, talked to the Maitre D' and they brought our entire dinner to our cabin.

They really will go out of their way to take care of folks if the request is reasonable.

I was just curious, as a first time cruiser, can I take my dessert to go out of the dining room. :)

We've done this on at least 2/3 of our cruises with no problem.

On our summer cruise we took a college track athlete that took a pasta dish with a grilled chicken breast and dessert each night. The wait staff wanted to make him a happy camper and their tip reflected the efforts.

In addition he also brought our desserts with an alternate selection each night for us to sample.

I'd wager it depends on the waiter. :D

Those examples of taking food from the dining room are the exception, not the norm.

It's very rare to see anyone w/covered plates leaving the dining room.

Not something they would encourage.;)

That's why they have Room Service, see?

We ordered the "Dessert of the Day" from room service on the Fantasy this week and it was a really creamy cheesecake with strawberry sauce. We ended up ordering this each night, and it was always the same cheesecake. In the past the dessert of the day has seemed like leftover cake from dinner - the cheesecake was MUCH better!

This even happen at Supper Club, I was so so stuffed, our waitress told me I could take my dessert to my cabin and have it later. :D

Fred

I think it really depends. I used to be able to bring a cup to the DR every morning for an espresso, but the last couple of cruises the hostess told me no. Once I sat down to have one & told the server that I was sorry I was taking up space just for an espresso & she told me she would be happy to give me one to go. I've been told it was a health department issue ( don't know how that could be).

We are going on our first cruise on Glory Oct 6th. (Honeymoon) We are elated to find out we have been upgraded to a balcony room and I thought how wonderful it would be to have dessert on our balcony each night. Too often I think we'll be stuffed from dinner. Is there a large variety of desserts on the Room Service Menu? If I explain, do you think they'll let me take it out of the DR? From what I've read, it looks like we will.:D

We are going on our first cruise on Glory Oct 6th. (Honeymoon) We are elated to find out we have been upgraded to a balcony room and I thought how wonderful it would be to have dessert on our balcony each night. Too often I think we'll be stuffed from dinner. Is there a large variety of desserts on the Room Service Menu? If I explain, do you think they'll let me take it out of the DR? From what I've read, it looks like we will.:D

You can get chocolate cake, cookies/brownies, or dessert of the day (on our cruise it was cheesecake each day) from room service. You can also get desserts on the Lido deck during dinner hours - they usually have two desserts, as well as a selection of fruits and cheeses.

Just curious - To those who are discouraging the OP and others from asking for dessert to go, could you explain why you think they shouldn't? I swear I'm not trying to be snotty, but it just seems to me that it wouldn't affect anyone else, and I don't know why anyone would be bothered by it. So, what's wrong with taking food out of the dining room?

Archived