Ok I'm feeling a little silly...

taszmom

No free rides in life. We come here to this great site and don't pay a dime. The site has to be supported one way or another and the ads pay the bills for all of us.

JMHO........ (that is not to say I am wildly crazy about that ad, or , for that matter, any other.

It problely cost a bundle but let's face it. Some people do use it and ask about it. So, I do not think it was a wast of their money, just my time. But it is their advertizing dollars that let us chat. But I still like the rasberry idea.

Its annoying cause you have to scroll so far down to see text on my screen.

We hd a guy wearing his patch so far down on his neck I almost spoke to him about it. Forget that it was the med and you could not tell the ship was underway.

WOW thats a lot of patches, and there are truly so few rough seas that require this sort of treatment. Bonine will handle most of it!

I was a person who would be very sick to the point of --- well you know--- on Long Island SOUND. My father also thought he could never cruise due to motion sickness.

Outside of the open atlantic on the way to Bermuda and the cooks islands from Tahiti this hasnt been an issue. My daughter used to throw up going to preschool in the car and had been on eight cruises with no motion sickness,,

It's ugly, it's true. Frankly, they would have gotten a more positive response if they'd made it a more cruiselike ad ... something that appealed to the eye and attracted you rather than put you off with that ugly ear.

But I just love that this site is free, so informative and so much fun ... not to mention the comraderie it provides on a daily basis.

So I'll put up and shut up:D

Ok, I have to admit I have no idea what ad you're speaking of. I have ad blocking and popup killer software so didn't even know there were ads on here. It does make sense though, it is not easy nor inexpensive to maintain a bulletin board site. I'm grateful this board is here though!

Couldn't tell you how much , but I am sure it was plenty. :)

Friend of my sister and brother in law sells advertising space in NYC

You know those three story ads on the sides of sky scrapers in Times Square and such?

And they are ASTRONOMICALLY expensive

Lazarus stole that one Rev, as he did so many others.

No ... he collected them throughout his very long life. :)

My favorite is:

"When in trouble,

fear, or doubt,

run in circles,

scream and shout."

I am also getting sick and tired of seeing that ad.

Put a patch on and, perhaps, you won't be sick anymore. :D ;)

I sure would prefer it if they would rotate these ads with a bunch of different ads. That way we wouldn't know which one it would be with every page view.

They will either pull the ad or make it bigger.....

They will probably make it bigger ... and add flashing boxes and motion, too. grrrrrr.

I wouldn't mind it so much if they were to get some more advertising and mix them up some ... 15 different advertisers with a random generator to select which one appears at the top of any given page.

Here's an interesting fact that accounts for the high price of pharmaceuticals in the U.S. Drug companies spend more on advertising (mostly here in the U.S.) than they spend on research.
That plus the fact that they give away millions and millions of dollars of "free" samples to physicians and hospitals.

O.T. -- Ever notice the TV ads that say "More hospitals use Tylenol than any other pain reliever." Well, having worked in a hospital in a former life I can tell you that the Tylenol sample packets arrived regularly by the case. If they were doing that with most major hospitals, then they could rightly state their claim. It's all just the cost of doing business. (Which we pay for in the price of the product.)

Archived