Dinner Seating Question

rikv1971

I Reserved my cruise with an online agency that only gave me the option of early/late and small/large table. I chose late/small. This was reflected in my cruise reservation on the RCCL website. Upon finding this great board and learning that tables for 2 are also I available, I called and requested one. I was not told if my request was granted but my RCCL reservation now reads, "Second Dining Seating No Waitlists". Does anyone know if this means my request has been granted.

Is is a request only and you will not find out until you board. Make the dining room one of your first stops and if it is not a table for 2 then see the Maitre D to see if there is anything he can do. I would suggest doing it as soon as you board because tables for 2 are very coveted.

I Reserved my cruise with an online agency that only gave me the option of early/late and small/large table. I chose late/small. This was reflected in my cruise reservation on the RCCL website. Upon finding this great board and learning that tables for 2 are also I available, I called and requested one. I was not told if my request was granted but my RCCL reservation now reads, "Second Dining Seating No Waitlists". Does anyone know if this means my request has been granted.

we also requested a table for 2 (liberty last week) but only got a table for 4 although the couple sharing never turned up most evenings (prefering to eat in the windjammer)

we did try to change the table but we were told as the sea pass was already made and given to us it had our dining deck and table number printed on it so it could not be done,having said that there were very few table for 2 anyway

Tables for two are not as plentiful and are often against the rail or wall out of the way. They can seat more people at 4 - 6- 8 - 10 so the 2's go fast.

Check out your table on 1st day and then if needed there will be a line in front of the guy with the laptop making changes.

That means you have late seating--I don't know WHY they word it that way--it always raises questions!

It means that they are definitely on late seating since they're "not waitlisted" but as for table, that's no guarantee and must be worked out after boarding if available.

we also requested a table for 2 (liberty last week) but only got a table for 4 although the couple sharing never turned up most evenings (prefering to eat in the windjammer)

we did try to change the table but we were told as the sea pass was already made and given to us it had our dining deck and table number printed on it so it could not be done,having said that there were very few table for 2 anyway

They wouldn't change your table because of the number being on the Seapass??? Last year we changed tables on the Sovereign & the head waiter just wrote the new table # on the card with a black marker....it wasn't pretty but it did the trick....

They wouldn't change your table because of the number being on the Seapass??? Last year we changed tables on the Sovereign & the head waiter just wrote the new table # on the card with a black marker....it wasn't pretty but it did the trick....[/quote

We did the same 2 weeks ago on the Mariner

They can always change your table. Whoever told you that just didn't want to be bothered and lied to you. If it's not the Maitre D', insist on talking to him. If it is, go to customer service and /or try to get to the Hotel Manager.

We've changed tables many times. Just like the other posters, they just changed it with a black sharpie.

I booked my last cruise through the internet as well. I chose second seating late. The company put in a request for a table for two but I was told that RCI would not confirm it. We got aboard and had a table for two that was literally on top of two other tables for two. I went to the Maitre D and requested a more private table and they did just that. The first day of your cruise in the compass will have the time and location of the Maitre D. I suggest you get there right at the scheduled start time if you are unhappy with your table. THey should fix it for you. Best of luck!

I can't imagine you were told nothing could be done because the sea pass card was already made and your table number was printed on it. That is what permanent marker is for. We have had our dining room table changed many times on our 18 cruises, including Royal Caribbean cruises. Next time, don't take that excuse as a final answer.

Archived