Prinsendam, truly special?

maxout

I think you'll have a blast!

The Prinsendam is great for more unique voyages and you'll probably see some corners of the world ytou wouldn't otherwise see on her.

This will be several months after the drydock this winter so from what I've heard and what's been posted, the bathrooms, balcony furniture, gym and lots of other stuff will be redone/remodeled/refurbished...

The Prinsendam does lots of special and longer voyages and the one you've picked looks AMAZING!!

Oh my gosh, that looks like a truly fabulous itinerary! The DW and I took the Prinsendam to New Zealand in December of 2002, and even then the ship was amazing. If you are serious about the voyage, the Prinsendam cannot be beat. We didn't want to leave the ship!:)

Yes, the Prinsendam is a special little ship. Because of her size you get to know your fellow travellers---not just meet up with them once and never see them again. The service is top-notch; it's what I remember HAL being when I first started sailing the line.

The ship herself is very pretty. There are little touches of decor that make it special; it feels like a HAL ship, yet something different, both at the same time. It's never far from here to there---no trouble to return to the cabin to pick something up!

The only improvement I would make would be to have a dome over the Lido pool. It can get cold there! And pretty wet getting to the lunch on a rainy day (just try waiting for a hamburger in icy rain :eek: ).

My DM and I are booked to sail on her for 14 days next September from Amsterdam to Rome. We enjoy the S and R class ships, find the Vista class ships too large, and are very much looking forward to discovering what everyone finds special about this ship.

One of two of our favorite ships was the OLD Noordam; I can't even remember where we were going [ because we were on the OLD Nieuw Amsterdam too] But I thought these OLDER ships with their dignity and charm have GOT to be the neatest things! We HAD cruised in 1978 and then there was a 15 year hiatus before we even began cruising - LIFE intruded on our activities - but those older ships with their smaller compliment of passengers -are simply GONE; EVERYTHING is bigger/flashier [ not necessarily a BAD thing -ALL cruise ships are terrific] But I look back on those smaller ships with their personal service and WORN aged-ness.....and I miss them. TREASURE your cruise on the Prinsendam; it may not BE here another time! It isn't "better" or "Worse" its just the CHARM of a different age! ENJOY!!!!!!!

Anne

We sailed on the Prinsendam for the first time this past July in the Baltic. It definitely has become our favorite ship. We would gladly sail on her again. The service, ambience, crows nest, food, size, friendliness, (I could go on and on) was awesome. What a wonderful ship to spend your 20th anniversary on.

We have booked the same thing...only as 2 separate cruises in the other order...the Black Sea Medley departing Rome 0n 18th September 2008 and then Ancient Mysteries departing Athens on 2nd October. It is the same Itinerary though. We are really looking forward to the Prinsendam...have only been on the Statendam to Alaska before. I do believe though that the Ancient Mysteries part (the first part of yours) is almost booked out now...we were told there is now only a few cabins left in G and F. Hope you are lucky. We do live in Australia though so maybe don't get the same availability.

Archived