For Women Only- Personal

misssea

I just saw it at the Target the other day. I looked at the instructions. It said to insert the entire thing into your body and then when it's time to pull it out pull the ribbed ring? :confused: Im confused on that. If the entire thing is in your body how can you pullit out? I would like to try it next time. Please tell me that it's not complicated to pull out.

It youre talking about the Instead I can tell you sometimes it is messy. You just hook your finger under the lip of the rim and edge towards you.

Sounds gross...it gets easier as you use them more,

It youre talking about the Instead I can tell you sometimes it is messy. You just hook your finger under the lip of the rim and edge towards you.

Sounds gross...it gets easier as you use them more,

I ended up using the Instead when the bc pills caused me to spot nonstop for 3.5 weeks. They're a bit messy, but they're better than nothng, and you can have sex while using them. I also bought these pink "sponge" tampons from a German company and they work pretty well too, but you're SO needs to use a condom during sex to avoid chaffing from the rough sponge - doh! They're less messy than the Instead - I'm just not sure where to buy them locally, or where to mail order online. I'm bringing those on our upcoming cruise.

It must have been the excitement... I ended up starting mine the day before the cruise!

Two or three times, I'd asked my doctor for assistance for vacation planning... BC makes me bleed! So, I just DEAL with it.

One thing I discovered. If you are on Princess, take quarters with you.

You can go to the duty-free shop to buy a package of tampons. they are off-brand, and cost $4 for a box of 10. That's 40 cents each.

If you go into the public restrooms, there is real Tampax in the dispensers, and they are 25 cents each.

I generally just travel with a goodly supply of feminine stuff, as either I will end up with my period, or someone else will, and I'll have what she needs.

I've used Instead, but I actually prefer, when at home, to use a Diva cup. Not so tricky to position correctly.

Can you give us more information on the Diva cup? How is it different form the Instead? Where is it available? Thanks.

I've used Instead, but I actually prefer, when at home, to use a Diva cup. Not so tricky to position correctly.

Love my Diva Cup. It'll be packed in my bag just in case...I have a very regular cycle, so I simply looked at the calendar when we were booking our cruise and we chose a week that was "safe". A risk, but a calculated one. We should be just fine for our upcoming cruise.

About 2.5 years ago I decided I was done with putting artificial hormones in my body every month. I haven't regretted that decision except in that it doesn't offer much flexibility in travel dates! :D

Going on Provera (synthetic progesterone) will postpone a period, I think. The drawbacks are that it does NOT provide birth control and you have to take it daily because once you stop, your period will come within a few days.

If all of that fails and you still get your period there is a wonderful product called Instead. It works similar to a diaphram and is terrific for water activites. Unlike a tampon that will get drenched and may leak after long water exposure, the instead creates a "dam".......I use them on lighter days for water activities. Heavy days they tend to need alot of attention and require frequent changing. Also allows mess free mattress dancing, if ya know what I mean:cool: quote]

Wow, I've never heard of that product. I'm cruising in Jan. and if my "friend" arrives as predicted until then, I'll have it for most of my vacation. I can't use the pill - gives me KILLER migraines, so I'll definitely look for this product. Hmmm...I wonder if it's available in Canada...

Wow, I've never heard of that product. I'm cruising in Jan. and if my "friend" arrives as predicted until then, I'll have it for most of my vacation. I can't use the pill - gives me KILLER migraines, so I'll definitely look for this product. Hmmm...I wonder if it's available in Canada...

Nope, not available in Canada. I guess I'll have to stop somewhere when we get to Orlando!

I've bought Instead here where I live in Canada... got it at Pharmasave, I believe. Also have seen them at Superstore.

Really? Thanks, I'll check those out. I just did a quick search of London Drugs online and came up with nothing, so I assumed they weren't available here. Maybe they just don't have them...

I have been lucky for EVERY cruise. And this one coming up in a week is no exception. I know it won't happen on this one because it's a happenin now. It just seems to adjust in such a way that it happens either long enough before or right after to not affect my vacations. Better yet, two years ago, returning on the Auto Train after our cruise. I'm 48, so things are changing anyway, but when you go anywhere from 4-12 weeks, it's just unpredictable. I'm wondering if it's mind over matter for me?:D

Archived