grand princess oceanview rooms?

superskier

The least obstructed category on an oceanview room on the Emerald deck would be cat. E (purple on the deck plan). They're called partially obstructed. After that I would look for a cabin that doesn't have a lifeboat directly in front of the window. If you can snag that cabin between two lifeboats, you get a lot more light into the room.

St. Louis is correct. After that (room between boats) choose a room at the forward part of the smaller boats. Look carefully at the deck plans and you will see three big tenders on each side around rooms 519-629. Avoid those as they completely block the windows. The other boats are smaller lifeboats and there is a pretty good view across the forward deck of them.

We're booked in E229--which is at the rear of one of the smaller forward liffeboats. That was the best we could get for the price, but I figured that ANY light coming into the cabin is better than an inside cabin with NO light.

I was hoping we might be able to get a tiny peek around the back of that lifeboat, even though the cabin is listed as "fully obstructed". It would be a bonus, but I'm njot counting on it. Anyone know for sure?

i'm planning to book an oceanview room on the Grand Princess but most of the cheaper ones have "obstructed views".

if anyone has advice on which rooms have the best views (least obstruction) that would be great!

Take a look at the deck plans. Sometimes the obstructions are lifeboats & if your cabin is positioned right it may not be much of an obstruction.

Obstructed views matter only if you spend a lot of time staring out your window at the water. Kinda boring, really. A lifeboat's a lot more interesting.

Boring? :confused: Then why not just fly to your destination? That's why I'm taking a cruise--to spend a lot of time staring at the water. The ocean, to me anyway, is alive. I could care less what the ports of call are. The itinerary is for my husband, just being on the water is for me--not at all boring.

i'm planning to book an oceanview room on the Grand Princess but most of the cheaper ones have "obstructed views".

if anyone has advice on which rooms have the best views (least obstruction) that would be great!

I sailed on the Grand in Cabin E321, which was billed as an obstructed view (I think it's a category FF, but I'm not sure), and I had a good view out over the bow of a lifeboat. So I could see the sea and the horizon, just couldn't look down. It was perfectly fine and I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat. Hope this helps.

Boring? :confused: Then why not just fly to your destination? That's why I'm taking a cruise--to spend a lot of time staring at the water. The ocean, to me anyway, is alive. I could care less what the ports of call are. The itinerary is for my husband, just being on the water is for me--not at all boring.

To each his/her own. To me, on the surface, each wave looks like the last one.:p

However, there's a whole nuther world below the waves. I first put my face in one of those waves eight years ago, and WOW, was I ever blown away. Have been a snorkel famnatic ever since.

Archived