Bridge tour

Commodore

The Bridge is a possibility but never the engine room. :)

I totally agree with this, the engine room is off limits on every ship now.

Commodore- Sorry, but trying for a bridge tour might be the only thing you might be able to do. Write the note to the captain, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The Emeralds' skipper, Capitan Giorgio Pomata is a very approachable fellow, he walks the main decks every evening after 1st seating and stops to talk to pax. I do not know if they are still doing the tours, but there is a secret door on the Emerald that puts you at face level with the glass partition behind the bridge and you can watch from there-now I just gotta remember where the dang door was....................a letter of request would not hurt. I will go back to my notes and try to find the info about the secret door. I remember it was marked Emergency exit only at the end of the hallway.........:o

wtevrfltsurbt I think this may be the door you are talking about. Two fellow cruiser had posted these before. QUOTE " Lido deck, go towards the front of the ship, down the hall between the staterooms and straight to an unmarked door facing the front. Go through that door and it takes you to an observation deck which is directly above the bridge! GREAT views and experience. Went there on the Crown sister ship of the Emerald." QUOTE" The door is on the Lido deck - but the "unmarked" part confused us the first night - it actually has a sign that says "emergency exit - do not block" so we didn't go thru it the first time fearing it would set off an alarm - the next day we tried it - no alarm and it was right on top of the bridge - we enjoyed it many times - although sometimes it was taped off because of hi winds - the sail into Venice was great" Hope this helps I did not save who this quotes were from .

wtevrfltsurbt I think this may be the door you are talking about. Two fellow cruiser had posted these before. QUOTE " Lido deck, go towards the front of the ship, down the hall between the staterooms and straight to an unmarked door facing the front. Go through that door and it takes you to an observation deck which is directly above the bridge! GREAT views and experience. Went there on the Crown sister ship of the Emerald." QUOTE" The door is on the Lido deck - but the "unmarked" part confused us the first night - it actually has a sign that says "emergency exit - do not block" so we didn't go thru it the first time fearing it would set off an alarm - the next day we tried it - no alarm and it was right on top of the bridge - we enjoyed it many times - although sometimes it was taped off because of hi winds - the sail into Venice was great" Hope this helps I did not save who this quotes were from .

Just off the Crown this past Saturday and tried these doors several times (both in port and while at sea). The doors from the hallway were open, but the doors from the inner hallway to the actual outside were locked. I could look through the window in the door and see the observation deck, but couldn't get to it. :(

Just wondering who would be the best person to get a note to the Capt. on any of the ships for a Bridge Tour? Probably hand the note to anyone at the Pursers Desk? Guess we could hand it to our Cabin Attendant too. Does anyone know how many can go on the tour at a time? There are 4 couples in our group and one has a Birthday while onboard. What a nice Birthday gift that would be!

Just wondering who would be the best person to get a note to the Capt. on any of the ships for a Bridge Tour? Probably hand the note to anyone at the Pursers Desk? Guess we could hand it to our Cabin Attendant too. Does anyone know how many can go on the tour at a time? There are 4 couples in our group and one has a Birthday while onboard. What a nice Birthday gift that would be!

Take it to the Purser's Desk, and address it to the Captain.

Sounds like it! Thanks for finding the info Pudgy!

Thanks so much for the info on taking the envelope that is asking the Captain about a bridge tour, to the pursors desk addressed to the Captain. Now, my next question, do you think 8 would be too many to go at once? Thank you in advance.........

just ask, and perhaps state in the letter "that if a group of 8 is too many, then you would be most happy to break it up into 2 groups of 4.....whichever is more convenient to the Captain and the Bridge crew".

On our bridge tour, i did what Chryllis did. Write a letter addressed to the Captain, handed it over to the Pursers Desk. In about 3-4 days we received an invitation to see the bridge. Along with my DH and I were about 20 people who were celebrating anniversaries, weddings, etc. Now that was a couple of years ago but hey give it a try. By the way it was on the Coral.

Marilyn

Thanks again for all the good info regarding the Bridge Tour. Will take everyones advice in taking the note to the Captain to the Purser's desk. Since it is a 7 night criose, think I had better do it the second day out or maybe the first evening after everything has settled down after dinner.

The Emeralds' skipper, Capitan Giorgio Pomata is a very approachable fellow, he walks the main decks every evening after 1st seating and stops to talk to pax. I do not know if they are still doing the tours, but there is a secret door on the Emerald that puts you at face level with the glass partition behind the bridge and you can watch from there-now I just gotta remember where the dang door was....................a letter of request would not hurt. I will go back to my notes and try to find the info about the secret door. I remember it was marked Emergency exit only at the end of the hallway.........:o

The Captain on the Emerald 2nd September sailing was an Irishman Keith Dowds from Whitehead Northern Ireland don't know if it a temporary replacement of the Italian guy, cabin steward didn't know.

The Captain on the Emerald 2nd September sailing was an Irishman Keith Dowds from Whitehead Northern Ireland don't know if it a temporary replacement of the Italian guy, cabin steward didn't know.

Yeah, probably a temp replacement so he could have some time off-he has been sailing non stop since April when she was floated.

Celebrity also seems to do regular bridge tours for people at higher levels of their loyalty program. At least that's the impression someone I know got (his booking ended up flagged at that level because his parents had booked the cruise, and they were at the appropriate level).

My oldest daughter wrote a letter to the Commodore on the Star Princess telling him she had sailed on the Star before when he was the Captain and asked if she could do a bridge tour for extra credit at school. On the last full day at sea we had an inventation in our mailbox first thing in the morning and our tour was at 2:00 that afternoon.

when making these requests, do you address it "Dear Captain" in the generic form? Or is there a way to find out the captain's name ahead of time? (looking for Caribbean Princess next week specifically) Thanks!

Show that you have done your research....

Dear Captain (insert name)

Archived