Nuts

hermang

Here is a weird question - and I wonder if anyone who has been to Santorini or is of Greek Herritage can answer it.

When we were in Santorini in August, we purchased a bag of what I believe is

Sesame Seed over a honey over dried peanuts. I wish we had purchased several bags because they were devoured quickly and I can't find anything even on Google about them. The bag was in Greek so I did not even find an address or web site to try to order them.

Anyone know if a Greek Grocery store in The US that stocks these or knows the name???

Thanx in advance

Oh darn. And I thought it was somebody with my problem. On our recent Summit cruise, I had ordered two liquor packages which were fine except I realized when I got home that I never got the fancy smancy nuts (that I give to pet sitter)! Do you think I deserve a cruise credit??? (Chuckle)

Sorry hermang. I know what you are talking about but don't know name. Good luck though.

Don't know about your question but I have one of my own to add. There is a candy sold in Greece that has a picture of the Mona Lisa on each piece. There were called "Giacondas", I believe. It sounds italian tho' it isn't, I think.I have not been able to find anything about them, even asking Greek crew members. There were by far the best candy I have ever eaten. I hope you get an answer to your question and I get one to mine.

We bought Sesame covered Pistachios on Santorini. Only regret...we didn't buy more! Mmmmmm Also saw them growing on trees across the street from the store (but without Sesame seeds :))

One vendor was selling what appeared to be mixed dry roasted nuts with honey sesame and the ones we bought were just peanuts. NOT sticky. I believe we bough them in OIA but I saw them in Santorini as well. Guess I'll justhave to go back to Santorini and buy more

I don't know if they are exactly the same, but we have gotten similar nuts at Trader Joes. And they are so good.

I bought sesame coated Cashews from TJ's - they are NOT the same.

I may have a lead though - When we were in Santorini I bought some jewelry for my wife - the Store was super helpful and on a wild idea - I emailed the salesman and asked him - waiting for a reply - if he does I'll let you all know

I bought sesame coated Cashews from TJ's - they are NOT the same.

I may have a lead though - When we were in Santorini I bought some jewelry for my wife - the Store was super helpful and on a wild idea - I emailed the salesman and asked him - waiting for a reply - if he does I'll let you all know

Could you ask him about the candy, too? Thanks.

Sorry, but I just have to post...this thread was in between one called simply "alcohol" asking about bringing it on board, and the other was titled "hair dryers" and I assume about bringing your own, etc.

So I read this thread, fully expecting it to be about whether or not you were allowed to bring your own nuts aboard...and was waiting for the usual back and forth about the value versus risk arguments, and then I stopped and said it again, and realized how THAT sounded, and blushed....:o

Glad someone found a link to what you were looking for, and glad you're hot on the trail...my current search is for Banana Chutney, and my mother failed me on her most recent trip to Scotland!:)

Cheers, and here's to Santorini...one of the most beautiful places on earth..

Andrew

Sorry, but I just have to post...this thread was in between one called simply "alcohol" asking about bringing it on board, and the other was titled "hair dryers" and I assume about bringing your own, etc.

So I read this thread, fully expecting it to be about whether or not you were allowed to bring your own nuts aboard...and was waiting for the usual back and forth about the value versus risk arguments, and then I stopped and said it again, and realized how THAT sounded, and blushed....:o

Glad someone found a link to what you were looking for, and glad you're hot on the trail...my current search is for Banana Chutney, and my mother failed me on her most recent trip to Scotland!:)

Cheers, and here's to Santorini...one of the most beautiful places on earth..

Andrew

Try this

http://www.chutneyfever.com/curbanchut.html

Sweet, spicy, and mild. Unusual and irresistible! An exotic and enticing blend sweetened only with fruit juice. Enhances rice and meat entrees. Excellent with everything from nut butters to Champagne. Great with winter squash. 100% organic and vegan, featuring bananas and pineapples, seasoned with curry. 7 oz.

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

CF-121Regular price: $6.00Sale price: $5.40, 3/$14.85, 12/$54.00

Copyright © 2001-2006 Jae's Organic Food

• 6 years later...