Introducing "As You Dress Dining."

Happy HALer

In an attempt to solve the growing contension regarding the HAL dress code, they may consider implementing an "As You Dress Dining" concept. On the way to dinner, all passengers will be evaluated by a highly skilled fashionista. The fashionista will then let you know where you will be dining that evening by the way you are dressed.

"Nice Tuxedo. Please proceed to the Vista Upstairs. A nice glass of champagne is waiting for you."

"Spiffy jeans. You will dining downstairs this evening. They are having a 2 for 1 special on Pina Coladas."

"Hello sir. That thong Speedo is not very flattering. Even that cowboy hat does not save this outfit. To the Lido please, and you should hurry before they run out of Jello shots."

Disclaimer; This post is meant for entertainment. If you can't have fun with it, please don't post. I know some people like to wear jeans and drink champagne.;)

In an attempt to solve the growing contension regarding the HAL dress code, they may consider implementing an "As You Dress Dining" concept. On the way to dinner, all passengers will be evaluated by a highly skilled fashionista. The fashionista will then let you know where you will be dining that evening by the way you are dressed.

"Nice Tuxedo. Please proceed to the Vista Upstairs. A nice glass of champagne is waiting for you."

"Spiffy jeans. You will dining downstairs this evening. They are having a 2 for 1 special on Pina Coladas."

"Hello sir. That thong Speedo is not very flattering. Even that cowboy hat does not save this outfit. To the Lido please, and you should hurry before they run out of Jello shots."

Disclaimer; This post is meant for entertainment. If you can't have fun with it, please don't post. I know some people like to wear jeans and drink champagne.;)

Those of us who enjoy "clothing optional" will find dinner served with a smile on the Topless Deck, right?

I'm loving this already! :)

but where would Borat be seated in his pea green mankini??? Sir, we have a lovely seat in a life boat, enjoy the emergency rations and here's a quart of moonshine

but where would Borat be seated in his pea green mankini??? Sir, we have a lovely seat in a life boat, enjoy the emergency rations and here's a quart of moonshine

Send him up to the Topless Deck. Between Borat and his moonshine, he'll be our entertainment for the evening! ;)

Ahoy!

Where do 'we' dine for those of who wish to wear our Elvis & Tammy Fae oufits on formal night? (aka smart 'Elvis', smart 'Tammy')

Please be kind... ("Love me tender, love me blue")

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

How about the Piano Bar? Elvis can pound out the keys, and Tammy Fae can belt out a song! :)

The topless deck will feature a menu inspired by celebrity TV Chef Jaimie Oliver.[ATTACH]57999[/ATTACH]

My Dominic is requesting his girlfriend, "GIADA DE LAURENTIS" from Everyday Italian.

It's a strange thing.... he's NEVER been so much into cooking. Honestly, he's GLUED to the television when she's on.

(Guess I'll have to turn him onto Jaimie!!!!)

Thanks for the smile and the fun thread! :)

Hal Cruisers! Stuffy, staid, TRADITIONAL, hide bound, snobbish? :eek: This thread and Brians "drift" thread is what makes each HAL cruise such a wonderful adventure. :) I love your quirky humor and quick wit. Bon voyage to all you great folks. I know, with your attitude, you will all have wonderful adventures.

Carole

Can the "as you wish" dining experiment now and go with the

"as you dress" dining" experrriment. Maybe everyone would loosen up a bit

and really have a great cruise.

We have a "funny" group of posters. I am LMAO at some of the suggestions.

Rich :cool: :cool:

One more thing...there is a post under "dressing on the Noordam" which a poster has actually posted a link with pictures of capri versus cropped pants.

Brian, that could be an addition to your as you dress dining caption. How about if CC elects a panel, we all photograph our outfits, post them online before the trip and the CC panel decides if the clothing is appropriate.

This way we can have the panel elect what we wear before we go. I bet you would get some very "interesting" photos.

Barbara

Love it! Dining on the ships is so crazy these days, that this actually makes sense to me.

Thanks for a fun post!

My Dominic is requesting his girlfriend, "GIADA DE LAURENTIS" from Everyday Italian.

It's a strange thing.... he's NEVER been so much into cooking. Honestly, he's GLUED to the television when she's on.

(Guess I'll have to turn him onto Jaimie!!!!)

Thanks for the smile and the fun thread! :)

NNN,

I'm glad to see I'm not the only Food TV watcher! Yes, Giada is very easy to look at, but I noticed after a few shows that I was paying much more attention to her cooking than to her! I lived in Naples for 6 years total, and in my opinion if you want to know what real southern Italian cooking is, watch Giada's shows. This is not Olive Garden fare, this is the real deal dishes I ate in Naples, and would pay a lot for if there were anywhere in DC that had it.

And, I also love Jaimie's shows as well.

To join in the fun of the dress discussion, it reminds me of the bizarre "uniforms of the day" we used to dream up on slow days at sea on USS whatever. Uniforms like "skivvies and mini medals," or "dress blues, shower shoes, and white gloves"...

Dave

Archived