Upgrade question of a different kind!

HMSDingy

HMSDingy...we're still waiting for our cabin assignment ( booked a guarantee balcony a couple of weeks ago), but I hope we're as lucky as you all were.

We sailed the CB back in April ( did the same guarantee) and were assgined a cabin within a week. :confused:

The suspense is killing me!!! :D

I would guess that these upgrades usually happen at non-peak cruise times - is that right?

We are going on the CP in December and I've pretty much given up hope that an upgrade will come our way b/c the ship is filling up fast. But you never know...

Personally I hope I never get upgraded to a suite. We had always booked the least expensive guar. bal, and were always completly satisfied wherever we were on our first 4 cruises, then disaster struck. We were upgraded to a Caribe bal on the Crown last year. Guess what? loved the 1/2 covered x-large bal, and now Thats the mininimum AA I will book, but the cost for us common folk is substantial. I'm afraid if I ever get a suite Iwill not be able to settle for less

I have received upgrades 2 days before sailing, on several occasions.

Just a guess here ... not to flame anyone. But, I think that anyone receiving an upgrade at the pier actually received the upgrade several days earlier, but only found out about it upon check-in. There's just too much that needs to happen on-board. Cruise cards must be printed, dinner reservations assigned, shore excursions tickets printed, etc. These things just can't happen at the last minute. All of this information is sent to the ship from HQ a few days in advance, and I would be very surprised if cabins moved around after this happens. I'm pretty sure that cabin assignments are frozen a few days prior to sailing.

And, yes, any last minute change will be reflected on the cruise personalizer.

And, yes, any last minute change will be reflected on the cruise personalizer.

That's true, but the problem is that if the upgrade happens in the last few days before the cruise, the personalizer is pulled and you can't see it. So the only way people will find out is by either calling Princess, or at the pier.

That's true, but the problem is that if the upgrade happens in the last few days before the cruise, the personalizer is pulled and you can't see it. So the only way people will find out is by either calling Princess, or at the pier.

Although the Personalizer is closed, you can still open your boarding pass to check before you leave. It is in a PDF file, but you can still open it, you just can't make any changes to your booking.

We were upgraded for our Alaskan cruise at the check-in. Stood in the line designated for our inside plaza deck cabin and they couldn't find our reservation. Panic set in. Someone went to check for our reservation, came back and said follow me. Pointed us into another line for Aloha deck. But it wasn't until we actually reached our new cabin that we realized it was a balcony.

On another cruise line on a Caribbean cruise, we checked the website the week before we left and found out that instead of the inside cabin we booked we had been moved across the hall to an oceanview.

Archived