QE2 40th, A Few Highlights

stowaway2k

Goodness I hope it stops raining by next month

Same here, I don't want a morning like we had in Liverpool last year, had to get back onboard and change everything (and I mean everything). This time, if I get wet, I will have to wait till I get home. :(

Good good, we'll sort it out nearer the time. Goodness I hope it stops raining by next month

Hi Jon, Please could you let me know what time the Flypast will be ,if you know or when you find out :D

Thanks,

Gav :cool:

Hi Jon, Please could you let me know what time the Flypast will be ,if you know or when you find out :D

Thanks,

Gav :cool:

I will pass on anything I find out. They are being a bit coy with telling anything. All the local councils are trying to get in on the action so who knows what will end up happening.

I did have a badge design for the tandem crossings but just did not have enough time to get it all together in time for the sailing. There was a lot of artwork in it and just ran out of time. The "Finished with Engines" ones are still out there.

Jon, as morbid as it sounds, if you still have a few of the "Finished with Engines" badges, I'd be interested in one. Please email me at kmacleod93 at comcast dot net.

Ken

sadly i will not be on the qe2 in this her last year. iam going to belfast to see her leave and greenock the followinmg day. any plans at these places do you know? am seeing my 2 friends myles anmd vic off in soton on the 10th october before i fly to miami to go on tyhe eurodam.

dave

Well, that's where your wrong, Queensferry (Edinburgh) plans of yacht procession and a flypast from the local RAF squadron, exact details are still being worked on. For a quick run down see : Scotsman Newspaper, Edinburgh Guide. If you can be in Edinburgh, here is the competition for a tour and buffet lunch on board on the 7th : Radio Forth.

The Edinburgh council free newspaper (Edinburgh Outlook) has top of back page with "QE2 says farewell to Scotland" headline with picture about 7th October. This is a paper delivered to all of Edinburgh so there will no excuse for people no knowing. It gives link Events Edinburgh but still no details.

Archived