Sad about my roll call post

Hi Everyone! I posted at the RCCL roll call but no one's responded. Any suggestions on a way to hear from others who will be sailing with us?

We're going July 6, 2008 on the Mariner. Dh, me, 4 daughters(14,12,5,3), my sis, her dh, 2 daughters (7,4) and our parents! First cruise for everyone but the grands.

I would really love to find others with kids around my older daughter's age. She's shy and it would be nice for her to 'know' some people beforehand.

These message boards are great! My sis and I are learning so much!

My Mariner cruise this past June had a very slow rollcall too so we skipped the meet and mingle. We are booked again for next June and the rollcall is very slow too:( I am hoping that over the next few months it will pick up a bit. My DS who is 16 cruised with us in June and going to the first night meeting in Fuel was key. He met lots of kids his age that night and enjoyed the rest of the week.

Hope your rollcall picks up soon:)

I am sure you will have lots of folks posting to your thread as the date gets closer. :p From what I have seen (I don't have kids) with parents that put their kids in the Adventure Club is great things. All of the kids have a great time so I am sure your will do the same.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Rachel don't be discouraged, I too found a slow roll call on my 1st cruise and still enjoyed it and the people that we met, Now for my second cruise I found a few more cruisers that are responsive it's the luck of the draw. If it does not pick up you will still enjoy your cruise and the new friends that you will make

I've been on roll calls that were hundreds of pages and some that are absolutely pathetic.

But scan through some of those really long roll calls, many times there are not all that many people on the roll call, just a few who post a lot!

So, don't give up, just check it occasionally and give your own updates.

That stinks! Chatting with people you are cruising with beforehand is part of the fun! We have a great one going for our cruise next month! You just never know! I did a CTN on the Carnival Legend a few years ago and that roll call was hopping!!! Hope more people join you soon!

One of my roll calls has over 15,000 posts and another one is not far behind!:D Sometimes you just get a great group of people that really click together and we have several other upcoming cruises with some members of both roll calls too:) Others I have are pretty quiet so it just depends. You'll probably have a lot more people joining your roll call after the holidays:)

I've been on roll calls that were hundreds of pages and some that are absolutely pathetic.

But scan through some of those really long roll calls, many times there are not all that many people on the roll call, just a few who post a lot!

Hey, Kathy, I resemble that remark! ;) :D

Hey, Kathy, I resemble that remark! ;) :D

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it :)

Some go on forever, but are just chatting with friends, which is great. I just think sometimes people will look at the really long roll calls and think there are hundreds of people rplying, when actually there are 5 or 6 !

One of the strangest Meet and Mingles I ever attended was when hardly anyone on the roll call showed up, but there were about 30-40 people in attendance. I didn't recognize any of their screen names, but they knew all about me and a couple of others who were there. They were all lurkers :eek:

Our Roll Call opened up in April, 17 months from our Oct 2008 Hawaii Cruise, we have peaked with # 58 and holding now for 3 months, with # 2800 Post. We have highs and lows with the Posts, depending on upcoming cruises for some or just a lull in conversation. I am hoping more will join in on our Roll Call. Officially 1 year, Oct 11, 2007 from sailing.

Hi Everyone! I posted at the RCCL roll call but no one's responded. Any suggestions on a way to hear from others who will be sailing with us?

We're going July 6, 2008 on the Mariner. Dh, me, 4 daughters(14,12,5,3), my sis, her dh, 2 daughters (7,4) and our parents! First cruise for everyone but the grands.

I would really love to find others with kids around my older daughter's age. She's shy and it would be nice for her to 'know' some people beforehand.

No worries, you are still have quite a bit of a wait ahead of you. Trust me, people will join.

My thread was the same way when I started it now we are 70+ signed up for the Meet and Mingle.:D

LOL, I just posted on the Who Has the Biggest MM, saying we had the smallest. ;) I'm telling you...I think there is something wrong w/that week that people aren't telling us about:p

Our roll call for 7/1/07 was slow too - but my daughter, 5, met so many kids the first day at the "orientation" - make sure you go...check out the area...it is the only day you are allowed in the whole area ... take some pictures and video and your kids will be fine.

My daughtert actually has a pen pal she still writes to from 2 years ago. Kids are a lot more open to meeting new kids and accepting them than we are.

You can come over to our Monarch Roll Call and chat, its a little slow too. And that cruise is a month away :)

Ah, now I see where you put first cruise for everyone, wasn't sure what you were talking about yesterday cause I didn't see this post yesterday.

Have our parents been on a cruise before? I don't know...anyway, only one before for us, but that was 9 yrs ago and before kids ;)

I'm in the same spot - have posted trying to get a roll call going for Alaska - Serenade of Seas - July 19, 2008. Maybe it's just a little too early. RCCL tells me that the ship is about 50% booked.

Our Mariner cruise had a very active roll call, a great M & M and we made some special new friends. We are still active & keep in touch with future cruises, trips & visits planned in the future.

Hope someone joins the Serenade, July 19,2008 roll call soon.

Archived