Finally rebooked our failed cruise

atheresa

On Labor Day my friend and I boarded a cruise on the Sovereign. She booked a scooter and oxygen to be delivered to the ship. The scooter was, but the o2 never came and we were forced to leave the ship as it was leaving. We sat in the parking lot and cried as our ship left us.

The good news is that either the o2 company or the cruise insurance will pay us for what we spent on the cruise, the o2 company is paying us for all expenses incurred and RCI gave us some vouchers.

All of this put together allows us to book another cruise, which we have finally been able to do after amonth of headaches from paperwork and getting all of this coordinated.

It was real pain in the butt for a week that we both needed some relaxation.

So, we are going to take the Sovereign on November 12.

Happy ending. Send us good wishes that everything goes well this time.

Oxygen was ordered through an independent company. They just forgot. Someone at RCCL said that they will order O2 and scooters for you, but today when she tried to do it was told that they don't do that. You have to get your own. If anyone knows differently, let me know.

Oxygen was ordered through an independent company. They just forgot. Someone at RCCL said that they will order O2 and scooters for you, but today when she tried to do it was told that they don't do that. You have to get your own. If anyone knows differently, let me know.

Is this a question for today or your past experience? Sorry, I am confused:confused: ? If it is from today, from my experience you need to order it yourself for delivery to the pier.

I remember you and I'm glad you will be able to attempt it again (and aren't giving up on it).

You should be able to get some good recommendations of reliable companies to provide the O2 from posters on the Disabled posters board.

Have you been in touch directly with the Special Needs department? My husband always contacts them to remind them that he needs distilled water and an extension cord for his CPAP. It is noted in our cruise records and there has never been a problem getting it.

Have a wonderful trip. You certainly deserve it after your fiasco in September.

I too remember your previous post and thinking about what a huge disappointment that would have been. I'm happy to hear that you were reimbursed for expenses and that you've rebooked. I hope you both have a wonderful cruise!!:)

Archived