How many people on excursions?

skittl1321

I was wondering if someone can give me an idea of how many people will be on an excursion if I book directly through carnival.

We are going Spirit to Mexican Riveria and are booked on the "Jalisco Plantation & Barra da Navida" in Manzanillo and "Kayaking at La Roqueta" both of these say "Limited" but I am wondering what that really means- is it limited to 100? 50? 25? Will "Limited" still be a very large group that wastes a lot of time being organized? How big are "non-limited" tours usually?

I'm pretty certain for these two ports on our first cruise, we are going to stick with ship excursions, but I want to know what to expect- in an expect the worst, and hope for the best , and be happy when you get the middle sort of way.

I'm posting here rather than the Mexican Riveria board because I want carnival specific answers. If you've been on similiar tours at other ports and want to chime in numbers I'd appreciate that too.

I was wondering if someone can give me an idea of how many people will be on an excursion if I book directly through carnival.

We are going Spirit to Mexican Riveria and are booked on the "Jalisco Plantation & Barra da Navida" in Manzanillo and "Kayaking at La Roqueta" both of these say "Limited" but I am wondering what that really means- is it limited to 100? 50? 25? Will "Limited" still be a very large group that wastes a lot of time being organized? How big are "non-limited" tours usually?

I'm pretty certain for these two ports on our first cruise, we are going to stick with ship excursions, but I want to know what to expect- in an expect the worst, and hope for the best , and be happy when you get the middle sort of way.

I'm posting here rather than the Mexican Riveria board because I want carnival specific answers. If you've been on similiar tours at other ports and want to chime in numbers I'd appreciate that too.

In my experience, most excursions are quite small - perhaps just 10 to 30 persons.

I have only taken one Carnival excursion--the snorkeling with stingrays in Grand Cayman. I'd say there were 75 to 100 people on the tour. They packed us all in a double decker boat. It was like a herd of cattle.

I did the exact same excursion with a private company a few years later and there were about 30 people on a smaller boat and it was much, much nicer.

Just my experience.

It depends on the excursion.

Most of the excursions we have been on have been small. We are loaded into a shuttle VAN to go to the excursion (8-10 people). The only 2 excursions that I can remember being large have been the Under the Two Flags Tour in St. Martin and the St Martin Orient Beach Excursion...both of those used buses.

Our experience is that with CCL excursions, your particular excursion may or may not be croweded (the herd of cattle comment above) - it just depends on the excursion. But all the private excursions we've booked have been relatively small and very accomodating. Take that for what it's worth. ;)

This is what I'm worried about. I hope my excursions are like the ones the other posters described. Just wondering- was this excursion described as Limited in number?

Yes, it was, but I really think it depends on the excursion. This was the type of excursion where it was easy to load a bunch of people on a boat and take them out to the Stingray City sandbar. I'm sure not all excusrions are like this.

That said, I prefer to book private excursions now when it's feasible. If it's really far away, or if you can't find a comparable private excursion, you'd probably want to book with the ship. My experience, though, is private excursions cost hald the money with twice the value.

Archived