Johnny Rockets???

gill_boo

Were paying $16,900 for the cruise and air next summer on the Independence plus shore excursions, pre hotel stay, etc, were easy over $20,000 for a 20 day vacation and yes I balk at a $3.95 charge. I would balk if the JR charge was .50 cents. JR was included and still should be included and the ridiculous reason given by RCI I dont agree with.

Hope to see you Brad on the Ind

Being C&A members and having one free surcharge seems worth it for me and DH to go watch the waitors dance! It's the little things like this that make the cruise fun and exciting. Besides we book inside or OV so we can spend the extra money doing something different. I will probably just get a free sundae. I think it may be a nostalgia thing for some generations so I say leave it as is.

We just completed our 4th cruise, and it was the first one we've eaten at JR's. We used the C&A coupons towards the surcharge (we had saved the ones from the previous cruises, so everyone in our party had one - our children have been on just as many cruises as us, but they don't get the same C&A coupons).

I especially enjoyed the ham and cheese melt. It's not so much that we needed to eat in JR's, but we had returned early from a shore excursion and were looking for a change from the usual Windjammer/Dining Room fare. We figured it was a much better value, and much more convenient, than going back onshore to have lunch in port. (We were too exhausted for that anyway).

$1,784 for a lost bag, wow, I wish AA would lose mine. I thought they had a max of around $500. Fortunately with all of our travels, we have never had a bag completely lost, just delayed in getting them.

I think their max is $2,000 per person. This is the first bag I lost as well. I travel quite a bit for family and work and have had several delayed bags, in fact it is a running joke in my family. They even bet $$$ and have pools on 1) if I get all my bags 2) if not, how many will be missing 3) how long it takes to get them and 4) how many times I swear I won't fly again in the near future. :D My family will take any opportunity to gamble, lol.

AA lost my luggage in May and we had a family vacation in WI in June. My mom won the pool $$ - we received all of our bags, in record time. I'm not sure who was happier, me, my hubby, or my family. I kept saying that if our luggage wasn't there I would not be responsible for my actions :eek:

Holy moly, Phoenix! What exactly was IN that bag?? :eek:

I was traveling for work so a couple of suits, a $179 straightening iron (hair), Tommy Hilfilger Dress Shoes, lots of stuff from Chico's and Ann Taylor, all my make-up (Clinque) and hair stuff (mostly Bed Head), smart-casual clothing for the evenings, casual stuff for flying, pj's, on and on and on. I had receipts for everything over $100 as required and would have been able to provide other copies if needed since I have those member cards for almost every place I shop. Remember I had to replace all those items in May and didn't get reimbursed until 14 weeks later.

If they do find my bag they will send it to me. That would be nice since I was unable to replace a sweater that I loved as well as the two pair of TH Shoes.

JR coupons.

:D (sorry, couldn't resist! :eek: )

Heck NO, we use all of ours ;)

###

This may have already been said:

The $3.95 surcharge is enough to keep away the crowds. If it were free, I believe it would always be packaged, and those who might enjoy the atmosphere might miss out.

Archived