Johnny Rockets???

gill_boo

I am sorry but it simply amazes me.

People pay thousands of dollars to take a cruise with fine food options but instead go pay extra to eat at a hamburger joint on the cruise vessel.:D :D

I have a different take on it. People pay thousands of dollars to cruise, and then balk at $3.95? We liked JR's -- the food was great (much better than the buffet) and the atmosphere was fun. It was a nice alternative on the one night we wanted to skip the dining room. And we certainly couldn't eat anywhere on land for that price.

JMHO :)

I have a different take on it. People pay thousands of dollars to cruise, and then balk at $3.95? We liked JR's -- the food was great (much better than the buffet) and the atmosphere was fun. It was a nice alternative on the one night we wanted to skip the dining room. And we certainly couldn't eat anywhere on land for that price.

JMHO :)

I perfectly understand where you are coming from and agree with you. Heck, I should be more concerned about what the Wife spends shopping in the ports and on the ship. Certainly she spends more shopping than what JR charges.:D

However, it is hard for me to pass up "free" food. I also know I paid for that "free" food when I paid for the cruise.

There are times that I just want a good, greasy burger. But the best part of JR is the ONION RINGS, and of course the milkshakes. After a few days of eating rich food, it is nice to eat a comfort meal. And as for the WJ, I have never gotten a decent burger in there. All this talk of JR food has made me hungry! Is it too early in the morning for onion rings???:)

When we went on our last cruise we ate at JRs the first night out after sail away. What time do they open the first day and what are the normal hours throughout the cruise? I've been to the ones close to home but still enjoy going once while on board.

However, it is hard for me to pass up "free" food. I also know I paid for that "free" food when I paid for the cruise.

I hear ya! :D That's exactly how I thought of it at first, until a friend pointed out the logic mentioned in my previous post -- which made so much sense, I've adopted it as my own.

My next cruise has a JR and its the first for me, will I like it?

It's styled as a 50's diner, in decor, ambiance, and menu choices. The waiters will sing and dance, which we found highly entertaining. We like juicy burgers and fries so we found it to be totally worth the $3.95 cover (per person), which includes ALL food, including dessert, and all drinks except soda and shakes.

There are times that I just want a good, greasy burger. But the best part of JR is the ONION RINGS, and of course the milkshakes. After a few days of eating rich food, it is nice to eat a comfort meal. And as for the WJ, I have never gotten a decent burger in there. All this talk of JR food has made me hungry! Is it too early in the morning for onion rings???:)

Beware though onion ring lovers, they're more Micky D style.

Were paying $16,900 for the cruise and air next summer on the Independence plus shore excursions, pre hotel stay, etc, were easy over $20,000 for a 20 day vacation and yes I balk at a $3.95 charge. I would balk if the JR charge was .50 cents. JR was included and still should be included and the ridiculous reason given by RCI I dont agree with.

Were paying $16,900 for the cruise and air next summer on the Independence plus shore excursions, pre hotel stay, etc, were easy over $20,000 for a 20 day vacation and yes I balk at a $3.95 charge. I would balk if the JR charge was .50 cents. JR was included and still should be included and the ridiculous reason given by RCI I dont agree with.

The charge is the result of abuse. Its the same old story. A few ruin it for all. JR had gotten out of hand with teens hanging out there, kids run amok, and food just ordered just to be in there, and then just thrown away.

Blame the ones that ruin it for everyone and the parents who haven't taught their kids manners.

The small cover charge solves the problem. Any one who as cruised with RCCL will get a coupon that covers the charge.

I am sorry but it simply amazes me.

People pay thousands of dollars to take a cruise with fine food options but instead go pay extra to eat at a hamburger joint on the cruise vessel.:D :D

We were told the cover charge is stop people grabbing fries and burgers taking a bite and leaving food laying overall on the ship. The atmosphere, dancing and oreo fudge sundae was definately worth the charge!!!!!!!!!!!!

The charge is the result of abuse. Its the same old story. A few ruin it for all. JR had gotten out of hand with teens hanging out there, kids run amok, and food just ordered just to be in there, and then just thrown away.

Blame the ones that ruin it for everyone and the parents who haven't taught their kids manners.

The small cover charge solves the problem. Any one who as cruised with RCCL will get a coupon that covers the charge.

I cant believe anyone actually believes this.

I cant believe anyone actually believes this.

Yes, I do believe this. There is definately a difference before the cover charge and after. On many ships, JR is near the teen section of AO, which led to a lot of the abuse.

If you don't believe this, just go to the WJ at any given time, and see how much food people pile on their plate, just to have it thrown out. This is a pet peeve of mine. I have always taught my kids to only get what they will eat, and not to waste anything. (Starving children in China, you know.)

If you don't want to pay the cover charge- don't. It is that simple. Go to WJ, or if your ship has it, that pizza/pastry place- can't remember the neame- in the promenade (That place is wonderful.). There is not a lot of abuse and wasting of the food there.

The charge is outrageous and RCI should go back to JR being included.

The one coupon you get is insulting.

If you really feel insulted by the free couple, please send any/all to me as I don't. I think it's great to get the free coupon. I'd hate for you to be paying so much money and be insulted. :)

If they gave you 2 or 3 coupons would not be so bad. First thing we do is to tear up the coupon and throw it in the trash so sorry all I can give you is a coupon in maybe 40 - 50 pieces so you would have to put it together like a puzzle.

Makes no sense. So if you can't have more than one, you don't want any.

I agree with you but my twenty one year old, just LOVED the burgers, so he went to Johnny Rockets twice. I comprehend it that it is the same as I just love the Champagne Bar and he loves Johnny Rockets. I guess it is a tribute to RCCL for meeting the needs of different generations. I am happy and he is happy.

Archived