Refer a friend program...

ancldaca

I have done the search routine and there are 5 threads, four of which address the program but not with the answer I'm looking for.

Situation: After reading my last cruise review of the CB, a buddy of mine now wants to take a cruise. He's a cruise virgen. The idea is to book something in April '08 and buddy up in a cabin to reduce our respective costs.

Questions:

1. Would it make sense to sign him up?
  2. If yes, should he make the booking and I then become passenger #2?
  3. Should I book and he becomes passenger #2? (My preferred booking since I have a HUGE gift certificate at a travel agency that I need to use before 11/15...)
  4. Am I correct in assuming that he'd get his $25 in that April '08 cruise while I would get it after the cruise is completed?
  5. Does it matter at all that we'd be sharing a cabin?

I humbly submit myself to the collective wisdom within these hallowed CC electronic halls...

I have referred my friend (who has cruised previously, but not with Princess) and we are cruising together in November. She had actually completed the referral process in the morning and that afternoon we booked our cruise. My friend got her $25 (as we are in an inside cabin) applied to the cruise, and I got my referral bonus applied to the same cruise. I don't think it matters who is the 1st passenger or not (although I am on this booking).

Hope this helps.

you should refer your friend in before booking. If you do it online the friend will get an email invitation to visit Princess.com and sign up. Then you both get the $25 once the cruise is booked. Your travel agent should be able to coordinate it for you. I just did this with my cousin and it appears we are both getting the credits for the upcoming cruise we booked together.

This is my first referal so others may have better info.

If you are on the same cruise, you will both get the credit (reduction in fare) on that cruise.

If you are on seperate cruises, you will get the credit (reduction in fare) after your referral has sailed.

I have done the search routine and there are 5 threads, four of which address the program but not with the answer I'm looking for.

Situation: After reading my last cruise review of the CB, a buddy of mine now wants to take a cruise. He's a cruise virgen. The idea is to book something in April '08 and buddy up in a cabin to reduce our respective costs.

Questions:

1. Would it make sense to sign him up? Absolutely! Do it now.
  2. If yes, should he make the booking and I then become passenger #2? Doesn't matter who books first.
  3. Should I book and he becomes passenger #2? (My preferred booking since I have a HUGE gift certificate at a travel agency that I need to use before 11/15...) See answer to #2
  4. Am I correct in assuming that he'd get his $25 in that April '08 cruise while I would get it after the cruise is completed? If neither of you have booked the April 08 cruise before you sign him up and he responds to the invitation then you will both get $25 off the price of the cruise.
  5. Does it matter at all that we'd be sharing a cabin? Nope

I humbly submit myself to the collective wisdom within these hallowed CC electronic halls...

Sign him up ASAP and make sure he responds to the invitation:D

I just referred 2 friends and they got $50 ($25 each) and we got $50 ($25 for each of them). We are on the same sailing together.

Don't let him book the cruise yet. Instead you need to go to the Princess web site and follow the instructions. Basically you fill out a form which Princess uses to issue him an invitation. He needs to respond to the invitation by signing up at the Princess web site. Then when he books a cruise they will credit him the $25 and then credit you that much after he books. If he books and cancels, then you don't get the bonus.

Just Make sure he does not book a cabin untill he has responded to the invitation that you initiated from the Princess web site.

Once he has officially responded to the Princess invitation to sign up, then it doesn't matter about all the rest, such as who is passenger 1 vs passenger 2. It also doesn't matter whether you make the reservation or he does.

Thank you all for your answers!!! I'll definitely sign him up right now and ask him to respond - regardless of what cruise we eventually end up taking (but I'm assuming it'll be Princess).

Thank you again. CCers truly are the best!

Be sure when you sign-up your friend that you spell the full name correctly and exactly as your friend will spell his name when he makes his reservation. Names must match exactly or Princess may deny the credits.

Also...Be sure both of you complete the referral process before placing a "hold" on a cabin...Princess will deny the credits if the name is already in their system.

DH and I are booked on a January 08 cruise. We have 2 other couples that maybe attending the cruise with us.

Should we sign all 4 people up?

Do they have to book through Princess or can they book through an online TA?

Thanks for your reply, I certainly appreciate all the assistance.

Best of cruising to you all!

Jan

DH and I are booked on a January 08 cruise. We have 2 other couples that maybe attending the cruise with us.

Should we sign all 4 people up?

Do they have to book through Princess or can they book through an online TA?

Thanks for your reply, I certainly appreciate all the assistance.

Best of cruising to you all!

Jan

yes, sign all 4 people up...and it does not matter who they book through, just sign them up before they book.

The key is to sign them BEFORE they have been put into Princess' data base, so make sure they don't put anything in their names, either a hold or anything else untill after they have signed up.

We booked with a travel agent and we all (4 of us) got the credit. That part doesn't matter.

My buddy is all signed up and I got a confirmation from Princess. Now it's just a matter of him choosing one of 13 alternatives I emailed him. We'll see what he ends up choosing but I think he's leaning Princess based on my review...

Again, thank you all for your quick replies!!!

Questions:

Am I correct in assuming that he'd get his $25 in that April '08 cruise while I would get it after the cruise is completed?.

He will get his credit when he cruises. You will get your credit for the cruise you go on with him if you travel together. If you do not go together, then you would get your credit on the next cruise after he has completed his cruise.

Archived