Can I wear this......

thescarlett

This is my wedding dress (yes it is pink).

We are getting married on Oct 13 here in Fayetteville.

We are cruising on HAL Oct 17.

I want to get as much use from my dress as much as possible.

My fiance says it will "too much" because it is a ball gown with a very full tulle bottom. (it does not have a train)

Please be honest!

BTW this isn't me in the photo it's a model. LOL

<a href=_A2AqSF-2j8crkx3rGDtfq2xAEDokUrB.jpg' al

I think it is a gorgeous wedding gown.

That being said, I couldn't imagine wearing it to dinner on a cruise, even on HAL, which tends to be a bit more "formal" than other mainstreams. The idea of packing it and moving thru the hallways and public areas is a turn off to me. I totally agree with your future husband.

I'm torn between the hassle of navigating the halls etc...on board ship and enjoying every possible minute in my dress.

Packing will also be a minor issue. The dress will take up all the space in my rolling garment bag so I won't have room for my other dresses.

Does it really look like a wedding gown even though it's pink? It would be somewhat aggravating to keep tell the story "No, we got married on Sat...."

I'm torn between the hassle of navigating the halls etc...on board ship and enjoying every possible minute in my dress.

Packing will also be a minor issue. The dress will take up all the space in my rolling garment bag so I won't have room for my other dresses.

Does it really look like a wedding gown even though it's pink? It would be somewhat aggravating to keep tell the story "No, we got married on Sat...."

Yes, it looks like a pink wedding dress. It's the style, not the color. Wear it--if people ask you, tell them it's your honeymoon dress too:p If the packing isn't an issue, get the most use out of it that you can! I personally probably wouldn't, because it would take up too much space...But then I read about lots of people on this board who pack a lot more than I would want to carry around;) so I guess I'm in the minority....

It is probably too late for this, but you could always have the seamstress cut off the bottom and attach a 1-line or pencil skirt or alter it in some other way. Either after the wedding or even before so the bottoms can be switched out.

I've seen other two-piece wedding dresses before where the bride switched out the bottom (or top) for the reception, etc. Just a thought. Not sure how that dress is constructed.

Whatever you decide, be comfortable and just have FUN with it!

I won't have time to get it altered prior to leaving for our honeymoon. Though that is an excellent idea, I may do it when I get home so I can wear the top with a different skirt or slacks.

I actually even thought about saving it for one of my grandaughters to wear.

I must add...finace said NO way was I going to wear my tiara for the entire cruise:p

....I must add...finace said NO way was I going to wear my tiara for the entire cruise:p

If I had a tiara I would be wearing it whenever I wanted! I'd have it on doing the laundry, cooking dinner ... LMBO!

It's a lovely wedding gown. I think it would be a disaster to pack, so enjoy it on your wedding day, make sure you have a ton of pics taken and pack light for the cruise.

Not only will your dress take up a whole garment bag and come out looking rumpled, it would probably take over half the closet space in your cabin :)

I love the pink color, more brides should go with color!

Wow, it is beautiful and you will look wonderful in it! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :)

Having said that, personally, I think it is too much to wear on formal night. I have been on several cruises, one HAL and the rest RCI, and I have never seen a woman wear a full-skirted gown like that (perhaps they did and I just didn't see it?). I just think it's too much. Perhaps your loving fiancé is gently trying to say the same thing? He loves you madly, but is kindly asking that you not choose to wear it on formal night? I'm sure he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Just a thought.

God bless.

The only thing I would worry about is the dress getting damaged (snagged) walking down the pretty narrow hallways on a ship or having something spilled on it in the elevator. Maybe having it reworked and wearing it on your anniversary next year would be fun.

Now the tiara...hmmm...that would look good with just about anything and set the proper tone for the marriage to come...;) ;)

The dress is gorgeous! Definitely bring it on the cruise. When we were on our honeymoon cruise, one of our tablemates wore her wedding dress on one of the formal nights. Her's was more of a non-traditional dress like yours, but hers was cream color and was so pretty. Her and her DH really looked awesome and totally stood out. I'd so do it if I were you :)

Thanks for all the feedback. I think the deciding factor will be how well it holds up and how comfortable it is on our wedding day. We are having an outdoor wedding at the local botanical garden. The dress may not survive the grass and wooden dance floor.

I think the dress is divine! You will look so beautiful in it on your wedding day :D

We had an outdoor wedding and the whole hem of my dress got dirty and grass stained. Thankfully it came out after having it dry cleaned! Will you have time to get the dress dry cleaned between the wedding and the cruise?

If you do, and you're happy & comfortable enough to wear it for formal nights on the cruise then I say do it!

I've seen other photos of formal dresses that look like recycled wedding dresses to me, so why not wear it? You spend so much on them, if you can get away with wearing it as formal wear then go for it! :D

Best wishes for your wedding day too :D I'm sure it will be perfect :D

hi there,your dress is gorgeous!!!I was married in a Pink wedding dress 18 yrs ago.Loved it.{Still have it}Everyone will comment on it,WOW!Is it really PINK!As for the cruise it may pose a prob getting around.I would be so torn as what to do as well.Good luck packing it!!Wrinkle,Wrinkle,etc......:confused:

Happy cruising and good luck with your wedding.

Archived