"British" Dinner Menu

Does anyone have a copy of the "British" dinner menu served currently on the RCI ships? I obtained the planned 14 day Panama Canal dinner menu for Serenade of the Sea and it shows "British" on our ninth night. Trying to decide which nights to go to Chops and Portofino.

Does anyone have a copy of the "British" dinner menu served currently on the RCI ships? I obtained the planned 14 day Panama Canal dinner menu for Serenade of the Sea and it shows "British" on our ninth night. Trying to decide which nights to go to Chops and Portofino.

Sounds like you don't enjoy "British" food?

Can I ask why?

Well, if they follow the stereotype it will probably be "Bangers & Mash" or "Fish & Chips" :rolleyes: so it will be interesting to find out.

Mind you, if I ever see "American" on the menu, I would immediately assume "Hot Dogs" and/or "Burgers" ! :D

Hate to say this and it's only in fun... When I think of British I think of Bland :) I have a friend over in Oxford and she wanted to make sure I got to eat real British food....omg....I couldn't wait to move onto Italy!!! However, I must say that I had a Cream Tea and I thought that was the best, best, best, best, ever!!!

Hate to say this and it's only in fun... When I think of British I think of Bland :) I have a friend over in Oxford and she wanted to make sure I got to eat real British food....omg....I couldn't wait to move onto Italy!!! However, I must say that I had a Cream Tea and I thought that was the best, best, best, best, ever!!!

now isnt that funny, we think American food is bland but enjoy trying it all the same.

They seem to serve a variety of squash at every meal.

Hi Simon

Until two years ago we lived in Kings Hedges but as our pub/club days dwindled into non existent we wanted somewhere quieter and now live in Ely which is really funny as in my younger days I voiced my opion quite loudly that no way would I be caught living in the boonies - how age makes us eat our words.

How long have you been in the states?

Jo

Im my honest opinion i wouldnt even try anything reputedly " English" on board a cruise ship, they have no idea how to replicate british cuisine which isnt ALL bad!

We had a so called Aunthentic british roast beef and yorkshire pudding on Century, well i never seen any yorkshire pudding like it. It was more like a muffin to be honest and tasted sweet... very very odd!

I will add though that the of food on the Century was wonderful it was just the yorkshire puds... Yuck!

Hi Simon

Until two years ago we lived in Kings Hedges but as our pub/club days dwindled into non existent we wanted somewhere quieter and now live in Ely which is really funny as in my younger days I voiced my opion quite loudly that no way would I be caught living in the boonies - how age makes us eat our words.

How long have you been in the states?

Jo

Small world, Ely was my hangout, until we left the UK in 1992. Spent many a Friday night in the Minster and the Kings Arms. I bet it has changed a lot now, have not been back since 2002

Simon

When I think of British I think of Bland :)

You've never tasted one of our tandoori or balti curries then? ;)

As I posted on another thread, we probably eat more curries than we do roast beef - or fish and chips for that matter . . . . .

Oh yes, and you can keep your grits to yourself thank you . . .:eek:

And before I get a torrent of abuse, this post is in jest too!

On a more sedate note, maybe this link will help? http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2907249020058440934dEacgo

In the WJ on the NV...you can have...loads of curries,cornish pasties,hotpot,black pudding,baked beans and even bread and butter pudding ...yuk...sorry but when I cruise I do not want the sort of thing available at home...I want American food....gotta love the bacon :D

Definately would book Portofino or Chops on the British night, it is nothing that we would call "Typical British":( on that night.

I have got to join in this one (Yes I am a Brit)

I understand that Gorden Ramsey appears on American TV teaching them how to cook in Hells Kitchen.:confused:

Even our chief talent scout (Simon Cowell) has to show the Americans how it is done.:confused:

Our top football talent (Golden Balls Beckham) teaches football or should that be Soccer (when he is fit!), that is another thing. When we play in the world cup, teams from all over the world take part. So why only American teams in the World Series? :confused:

Now calm down, it is only a bit of fun:D Us Brits have the ability to laugh at ourselves, well you would do if your diet consists of Jellied Eels, Sheperds Pie, Toad In The Hole (otherwise known in our house as "Frog On The Job"!

Marc:D

You've never tasted one of our tandoori or balti curries then? ;)

As I posted on another thread, we probably eat more curries than we do roast beef - or fish and chips for that matter . . . . .

Oh yes, and you can keep your grits to yourself thank you . . .:eek:

And before I get a torrent of abuse, this post is in jest too!

On a more sedate note, maybe this link will help? http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2907249020058440934dEacgo

What? What are you trying to say? Haha! Actually, I do like fish and chips though :) And I am originally from the North so we don't eat grits there :) - that's a southern thing...or more so a southern thing. We do eat a lot of pancakes and maple syrup though!

This is fun! Oh yeah...shepards pie? I thought that was Irish but I could be wrong since I don't know much of the history of food :)

I have got to join in this one (Yes I am a Brit)

I understand that Gorden Ramsey appears on American TV teaching them how to cook in Hells Kitchen.:confused:

Even our chief talent scout (Simon Cowell) has to show the Americans how it is done.:confused:

Our top football talent (Golden Balls Beckham) teaches football or should that be Soccer (when he is fit!), that is another thing. When we play in the world cup, teams from all over the world take part. So why only American teams in the World Series? :confused:

Now calm down, it is only a bit of fun:D Us Brits have the ability to laugh at ourselves, well you would do if your diet consists of Jellied Eels, Sheperds Pie, Toad In The Hole (otherwise known in our house as "Frog On The Job"!

Marc:D

I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Gordon Ramsey!!! and I do also like Simon Cowell! As for baseball - I must beg to differ....now, people from other countries play on the American teams....but it is the American past time. We have so little to enjoy...the states play against eachother. I guess Football too....but I am not a big fan of football. I would love to see the Aussie Rules Football though :)

now isnt that funny, we think American food is bland but enjoy trying it all the same.

They seem to serve a variety of squash at every meal.

You mean like the, orange, apple, backcurrant or lemon varieties of squash?

Oh and from your name, you must be from that town where I used to work - over the road from Binns on Fawcett Street?

Archived