Miami Hotel

progcas

My family stayed in this hotel prior to our cruise in February and after hearing many mixed reviews were pleasantly surprised.

We had a room that had a view of the bay and of course this allowed us to see our cruise ship arrive.

The Bayside is a bunch of shops and restaurants (Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps and pubs) lots of shopping and a neat area if you have time before your cruise to burn. However, one night there was a concert just adjacent to the bayside in a large park and it was very loud and kind of scary as alot of "Boyz in the Hood" moved in for the night. In this case, we just stayed in the hotel and sat at their bar (which closes early) and let the kids swim.

The room was "ok" in the fact that it was older but clean and attended to. Room service was prompt and tasty as we had an attack of the chocolates and needed a fill of tea and chocolate cake which was great.

Definately not a Westin but the view made up for this. Make sure to request a bay view room as it is the plus with this hotel.

I would definately stay here again. Enjoy!

We stayed there this past January and got a suite that overlooked the port. It was a wonderful view! The room was nice, clean, and comfortable...nothing fancy. We enjoyed the shops and the atmosphere of the Bayside Marketplace across the street. We would stay there again. I would avoid the area near the McDonalds behind the hotel, as there were some very determined beggars there. That's just me though.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there in January of 06. The room was small...I mean very small, but clean and comfortable. The Bayside Marketplace was awesome. It was my favorite thing about Miami. Lots of shops and resteraunts, and just a great place to walk around.

Have a great trip!!!:D

We stayed there in January of 06. The room was small...I mean very small, but clean and comfortable. The Bayside Marketplace was awesome. It was my favorite thing about Miami. Lots of shops and resteraunts, and just a great place to walk around.

Have a great trip!!!:D

We stayed there before our granddaughters wedding. The location is wonderful, it's fun to walk to the market at night. The hotel: our room may have been a little larger than yours, as we saw several different ones (about 25 of us were staying there) and the rooms varied even though the prices didn't. You are right, it was clean and comfortable, fine one a night or two: the dining room service, in fact service period was below par. Other than that we had no real complaints.

Nita

We stayed there in January. The rooms were clean and comfortable...nothing fancy. We were lucky to get a suite that overlooked the port. The shopping across the street was a nice break. There is plenty of variety over there for everyone.

Archived