All things Monarch of the Seas

I was in cabin 6074 on the Monarch and I was in Boleros lounge for muster. We just went in there and sat down (well, some people had to stand) and they went over everything like normal.....then they let us go. It was VERY nice not having to stand out in the sun like a sardine. ;)

Here are a couple photos that I took of my cabin (6074).

When I arrived the beds were together:

6074monarch2.jpg

Since I was sailing solo, I requested that the beds be seperated so I had more room in the cabin & so I could stand and look out the window if I wanted:

6074monarch3.jpg

Standing by the bed looking towards the door & bathroom (on the right):

6074monarch1.jpg

thank you for the pic. it will be a nice surprise for them

Here are a couple photos that I took of my cabin (6074).

When I arrived the beds were together:

6074monarch2.jpg

Since I was sailing solo, I requested that the beds be seperated so I had more room in the cabin & so I could stand and look out the window if I wanted:

6074monarch3.jpg

Standing by the bed looking towards the door & bathroom (on the right):

6074monarch1.jpg

I booked an inside guarantee and was assigned cabin #3515 - pretty far forward on deck 3. Yesterday I decided to take a chance and upgraded to an oceanview guarantee for $10/pp more. Today I was assigned #2132 - pretty far aft on deck 2 with a porthole! How much smaller is a porthole than a window?

I had an outside cabin on Monarch in 2006, and the twin beds were arranged in an "L" - with one bed along the wall where the window is. I think I prefer the bed arrangement in gumballz' photo.

I was in cabin 6074 on the Monarch and I was in Boleros lounge for muster. We just went in there and sat down (well, some people had to stand) and they went over everything like normal.....then they let us go. It was VERY nice not having to stand out in the sun like a sardine. ;)

Jeez.....We've always sailed in a Jr Suite on the Monarch and we've had to stand outside in the broiling sun like lobsters. Especially when we are on the port side of the ship. If only I'd know. :eek:

I haven't sailed RCCL yet (two more days till the Monarch!) but we've had porthole rooms on Carnival and NCL, and like them quite a lot. Often, the portholes aren't much smaller than the windows. For $10pp, I'd be happy with a porthole.

If you aren't, you could call and see if they would switch you to the Category I rooms on deck eight - full windows, and someone on this thread posted a list of which cabins are unobstructed. I understand RCCL considers this a 'downgrade' from a porthole room. I suppose it's worth a try if you are really unhappy with your new cabin...

I booked an inside guarantee and was assigned cabin #3515 - pretty far forward on deck 3. Yesterday I decided to take a chance and upgraded to an oceanview guarantee for $10/pp more. Today I was assigned #2132 - pretty far aft on deck 2 with a porthole! How much smaller is a porthole than a window?

I had an outside cabin on Monarch in 2006, and the twin beds were arranged in an "L" - with one bed along the wall where the window is. I think I prefer the bed arrangement in gumballz' photo.

I haven't sailed RCCL yet (two more days till the Monarch!) but we've had porthole rooms on Carnival and NCL, and like them quite a lot. Often, the portholes aren't much smaller than the windows. For $10pp, I'd be happy with a porthole.

If you aren't, you could call and see if they would switch you to the Category I rooms on deck eight - full windows, and someone on this thread posted a list of which cabins are unobstructed. I understand RCCL considers this a 'downgrade' from a porthole room. I suppose it's worth a try if you are really unhappy with your new cabin...

We had a cat. I on our first Monarch cruise, and I didn't mind the lifeboat in front of the window. I was more concerned about being on deck 2 way in the back of the ship, rather than having a porthole vs. a window. I knew getting a cabin guarantee was a gamble, but I'm sure we'll be fine.

Now I remember why our cabin had the twin beds in an "L" shape: ours was a connecting cabin, and the bed would've blocked the door had it been perpendicular to the window rather than parallel to it.

Looks like the Monarch cabins to me!!

Have a wonderful trip. Don't worry about your accomodations.........they are now the smallest in the fleet................but at least you have a ship!!

that's so much better than we can say from the Left Coast!!

What I want to hear is how the crewmembers of the Monarch compare to those of the Sovereign. And.......no missing someone...........just because they are not there.

We WestCoasters want to know the truth...........are the crew on the Monarch as good as the Sovereign? Part of the truth is that some of the Monarch has left the ship.......and the member of the Sovereign have come aboard............so that there is a great mixture................I would say the best of both worlds!!;):D:)

Rick

Part of the truth is that some of the Monarch has left the ship.......and the member of the Sovereign have come aboard............so that there is a great mixture................I would say the best of both worlds!! Rick

I agree Rick, I've already met Colette, the Loyalty Ambassador from Sovereign, she'll be on Monarch for my 12-12-08 cruise. She was the nicest LA I've ever met, and knows her job too! I'm really looking forward to meeting Monarch! And not because it's already snowed here 3 times!

Thanks everyone!!!

I have another question...on the ship plan deck 8 there is a balcony all the way aft..have any of you guys ever used this balcony? Also, how would I access it??

I will for sure let you know about the friendliness of the crew! We had some Sov favs as well!!!

1025997139_SOVMay162008024.jpg.874ea438e67ff36c6b544b45a25b0e9b.jpg

593847409_SOVMay162008025.jpg.03dd0b5bec93a0f81b3523fdd589306b.jpg

They used to have all the beds in the "L", but after they put in the new beds and bedding they changed the configuration.

Also the portholes are pretty small, but probably still better than an inside.

2935446910095309218S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for the photo of your cabin, Jen. I'll be happy to have some natural light, as well as the extra 3 sq. ft.! :)

Thanks everyone!!!

I have another question...on the ship plan deck 8 there is a balcony all the way aft..have any of you guys ever used this balcony? Also, how would I access it??

I will for sure let you know about the friendliness of the crew! We had some Sov favs as well!!!

There is an area in the back of the ship with about 6 loungers on deck 8 aft. It is accessible either via a small non-descript stairway off deck 7, or by going thru Circuit lounge, and walking down 1 set of stairs.

This picture, and the next couple of shots will show it. This area is nice on sailaway, and on the sea day.

http://public.fotki.com/piepkorn/ensenada-cruise--oc/dscn6130.html

Dave

There is an area in the back of the ship with about 6 loungers on deck 8 aft. It is accessible either via a small non-descript stairway off deck 7, or by going thru Circuit lounge, and walking down 1 set of stairs.

This picture, and the next couple of shots will show it. This area is nice on sailaway, and on the sea day.

http://public.fotki.com/piepkorn/ensenada-cruise--oc/dscn6130.html

Dave

Thanks Dave! Can you access it at any time? It looks like a really cool secret balcony!

Hi there! We're sailing the Monarch next week in Cabin #8044. Do any of you Monarch Maniacs know exactly how obstructed this cabin might be? I saw the deck plan with the pink dots, but there weren't any dots in that area, so I don't know if that means we're big-time obstructed or if there's nothing there at all (that would be nice!).

We're really looking forward to this trip. It sounds like the Monarch is a great, if small, ship. Thanks for all the info everyone has posted.

And thanks Kruz for directing us this this board, lots of good tips!

Happy sailing! :D

Hi there! We're sailing the Monarch next week in Cabin #8044. Do any of you Monarch Maniacs know exactly how obstructed this cabin might be? I saw the deck plan with the pink dots, but there weren't any dots in that area, so I don't know if that means we're big-time obstructed or if there's nothing there at all (that would be nice!).

We're really looking forward to this trip. It sounds like the Monarch is a great, if small, ship. Thanks for all the info everyone has posted.

And thanks Kruz for directing us this this board, lots of good tips!

Happy sailing! :D

I am not sure of that cabin # but it could be something like this.....

1334811971046215528S425x425Q85.jpg

Hubby and I are sailing on the Monarch May 1 - inside cabin (love that dark room, best sleep ever!), cabin # 3593. Having sailed on the Sovereign and the Majesty, I know that the rooms are on the small side.

Would we be better to keep the beds separate instead of together? The pictures posted Gumballz seem to show this would give us a smidge more room....

Wha do you guys think?

Archived