All things Monarch of the Seas

thanks for the replay. I have to admit Carnival has awesome bedding! they even sell it on their web site, a friend of mine has bought it for both her girls and love it, I am very tempted.

But I will take your word for it that RCL's beds are comfy too :) I will find out in 10 more days :):D

I just sailed on the monarch and had only done Carnival cruises until this past cruise. I was very pleasantly pleased to have a very comfortable bed. I saw very little difference in the Carnival Bedding and the RC.

Dear Muffy,

Hi, I just booked this monarch 12-19 cruise last night, and I am so looking forward to this trip with my mom and my two daughters.

I have only been on a carnival ship twice in the last year. This will be my first time on royal Carib., and my mom's first cruise ever...

So, are you traveling with family or friends. The carnival tween program wasn't the greatest and I hope the Royal Carib. is a little better..

Does anyone know if the seas are rough, or calm this time of year..

Happy Sailing,

Carey

thanks for all the replies everyone!

Canary - welcome please join our roll call meet and mingle !!! We plan on meeting in the Crown Lounge at 3pm (there is a fellow CC DH celebrating a birthday party celebration and we are all invited to attend as well, boy won't he be suprised LOL) We are traveling with our children ages 18-26 and my sister in law! We have a big family 8 kids 4 boys and 4 girls, all but 3 of the boys are joining us this trip! As kids get older it becomes harder and harder to get everyone togeather for the holidays :(

all 4 of my daughers and one of their boyfriends, and one of my sons and his girlfriend. We are SOOOO excited to have them with us , they are so much fun to be with. We went on a cruise in May (to celebrate my daughter's graduation from college) and went on our first B2B cruise November 1st......we had a great time on both! But I am really looking forward to this one as this in the first time my Son who is a Navy Pilot and his long term girlfriend are able to join us , and my daughters boyfriend is able to join this time too ...... this is their 1st cruise!!! I love introducing cruising to new people , I love to watch their reaction when then step onto the ship for the first time!!!!

I am sure your Mom will have a GREAT time!

Don't forget to join our roll call and join us for our meet and mingle at the Crowne Lounge at 3pm on the 19th!!:D

Opps, :o I left out 'bisque"

... and if our experience last month was anything to go by, you should avoid the lobster bisque. It was *really* salty, not nearly creamy enough to be called a bisque, and my husband thought it tasted like it was made with 'old' seafood.

... and if our experience last month was anything to go by, you should avoid the lobster bisque. It was *really* salty, not nearly creamy enough to be called a bisque, and my husband thought it tasted like it was made with 'old' seafood.

I had the lobster bisque on the Monarch in Sep and thought it tasted like dirty socks soaked in dead fish. :(:eek: UGH

Now mind you that I am really easy to please. :cool:

I had the lobster bisque on the Monarch in Sep and thought it tasted like dirty socks soaked in dead fish. :(:eek: UGH

We had it on the last Sovereign cruise and sent it back...........all of us at the table..............YUCK!

that USED to be one of my favorite soups. agreed in November on Monarch it was way toooooo salty, now I don't know if i would go so far as to say it tasted like dirty socks... BECAUSE I have never tasted dirty socks...:p;) (good one Nancy) and you know, I miss the tomato basil soup too, just didn't realize that it wasn't there!!! I do REALLY REALLY REALLY like the new shrimp hot & sour soup tho!!!

You guy's are funny. Thanks for the warning on the lobster soup.

Now, I have a question for anybody.

Me, my mom and daughters ages 11 and 14 will be on the 12/19 sailing.

Does anyone know what kind of activities they run for the kids that age.

Also, my daughter will be turning 12 on Dec. 30th, will they do something to celebrate her birthday since it is so close.

Thanks

Carey

Hi All,

I'm a first time cruiser going on her first cruise on the Monarch leaving Jan 5th. I am sooo excited. I have a question for those who have cruised on her before. Will you please review the gym? Also are there any fitness classes offered?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm a first time cruiser going on her first cruise on the Monarch leaving Jan 5th. I am sooo excited. I have a question for those who have cruised on her before. Will you please review the gym? Also are there any fitness classes offered?

Thanks!

OH..I just knew I missed a room on the ship last month!!! Actually I justed walked on deck 7..never did get to the gym..3 days = no time!

I am with you guys on the tomatoe basil soup...but I also LOVE the roasted garlic soup they have in the windjammer :)

Ok, I have a question for you guy's. We are on Deck 9 in the middle of the ship.. The pictures on the site show deck 9 cabins oh Superior Ocean View. Sorry, I left that out. Anyway the pictures show a couch. But when I asked the RC representive she said no, no couch.. Now I am reading some more about the ship and it said Deck 9 on monarch of the seas SO has refrigerator's in there rooms with floor to ceiling windows..

How much of this infor. is right and I was told that our room had 50% blocked view. So will we be able to see the water..

Almost time, I can't wait to go on this ship.. Yeah Yeah:D

Thanks

Carey

You guy's are funny. Thanks for the warning on the lobster soup.

Now, I have a question for anybody.

Me, my mom and daughters ages 11 and 14 will be on the 12/19 sailing.

Does anyone know what kind of activities they run for the kids that age.

Also, my daughter will be turning 12 on Dec. 30th, will they do something to celebrate her birthday since it is so close.

Thanks

Carey

We told the head waiter and waiter that my daughters birthday was in a couple weeks and asked them to sing. They brought her a slice of cake with a candle and all sand to her. It was very neat.

My daughter was 10 but never went to the kids clubs, she hung out with her older sister. They do have 9-11 year olds with dance parties, gagaball tournies and all sorts of fun stuff.

They also offered a kayak adventure for my 15 year old on CoCo Cay for $25 with the 15-17 year old group but we missed the island due to bad weather so she didnt get to do it.

Ok, I have a question for you guy's. We are on Deck 9 in the middle of the ship.. The pictures on the site show deck 9 cabins oh Superior Ocean View. Sorry, I left that out. Anyway the pictures show a couch. But when I asked the RC representive she said no, no couch.. Now I am reading some more about the ship and it said Deck 9 on monarch of the seas SO has refrigerator's in there rooms with floor to ceiling windows..

How much of this infor. is right and I was told that our room had 50% blocked view. So will we be able to see the water..

Almost time, I can't wait to go on this ship.. Yeah Yeah:D

Thanks

Carey

We have had a cabin on deck 9.....it had a small couch in the corner......it was sorta Vshaped to fit into the corner......it did have a small refrig but not floor to celing windows...........

The obstruction is below your window..you can still see out. and see water............

that USED to be one of my favorite soups. agreed in November on Monarch it was way toooooo salty, now I don't know if i would go so far as to say it tasted like dirty socks... BECAUSE I have never tasted dirty socks...:p;) (good one Nancy) and you know, I miss the tomato basil soup too, just didn't realize that it wasn't there!!! I do REALLY REALLY REALLY like the new shrimp hot & sour soup tho!!!

We're on the Majesty right now, and had the new shrimp hot & sour soup on Monday night, and it was delicious!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! We just booked 4 night out of Port Canaveral. I was really happy to find a board dedicated to the Monarch as Im trying to get as much info as possible. This is our 5th cruise (3rd on RCCL) and it will be the smallest ship by far we've been on. The price and timing couldnt be beat and we're looking forward to getting out of the snow for a while!

I tried to find some specific info here but it was a little overwhelming and I thought it might be easier to post my questions and see if anyone had any helpful info. Thanks in advance! :D

1) Which terminal at Port Canaveral does she dock?

2) Is anyone familiar with the inside cabins on deck 4? (noise, traffic, motion, etc)

3) Is there a mini fridge in the rooms (need to store medication)

4) Can we self assist for debarkation?

Archived