Martini Bar Menu

Conrycol

On the Infinity in September, Dali asked me to create a new Martini for everyone at the bar. I love the desert that's a peach melba and told him that I'd never seen that in a Martini. So... we put together peach schnapps, vanilla vodka, raspberry chambord and a psssshhhhhtttt of cream. Yum....... it was so delicious!

Oh no, I don't see the Magic Martini on the new menu ... it's my favorite! Say it ain't so!

Do you think if I asked really nicely ... I could still get one on Mercury later this month? Surely someone will remember how to make it ...

Jan

This was my DH's favorite. He absolutely loved it and after they took it off the menu could never get any bartender to replicate it!

It was made with Peppar Abolut and had red and green bell peppers for garnish with Cajun spices rimming the glass, yummy!

ps -- He DOES still make it at home.

I ordered the martini flight (six small glasses for the same price as one big one), which is now on the menu rather than a special event item. I asked the bartender to substitute any other choice instead of the original martini. He gave me two martini delights (my favorite). I split the flight with my sister, and we both got nicely tipsy. All for about $12!

If you ever have the bartender make one of those martinis in front of you, you'll find out they have A LOT OF BOOZE in them! That's why we all get tipsy after just one. On our last cruise on the Infinity, we asked Omar to show us how to make the Cognac Blue. He counted off to at least 8 total shots when pouring the booze.

By the way, he & Dali are really funny when you get them on a slow night. They really opened up with us because they said the whole summer had been real boring until we (the Martini Mates) showed up. What really surprised them, I think, was the fact that we were all in the our 50's, 60's and a couple of 70's.:D

Kathleen

Well, I have to wait until Nov. 26 to sail, but I printed out the martini menu and I am already picking out which ones I want to order! The problem will be which one to get first!

Has anyone had the Summer Solstice? Sounds good. BUT we will have 11 nights to try them - might have to do some 2 (or 3) times :D

On the Infinity in September, Dali asked me to create a new Martini for everyone at the bar. I love the desert that's a peach melba and told him that I'd never seen that in a Martini. So... we put together peach schnapps, vanilla vodka, raspberry chambord and a psssshhhhhtttt of cream. Yum....... it was so delicious!

That does sound delicious!:D .....I am going on the Constellation in 4 weeks....Question: I did not see my fav martini (Okay, Foo Foo Drink) on the menu (the Milky Way)...Will the Bartenders make it if I found out what's in it? I think Bailey's, Kahlua & Godiva liquor, but I bet it would be good with Van Gogh Chocolate Vodka, too!:p

Thanks!

That does sound delicious!:D .....I am going on the Constellation in 4 weeks....Question: I did not see my fav martini (Okay, Foo Foo Drink) on the menu (the Milky Way)...Will the Bartenders make it if I found out what's in it? I think Bailey's, Kahlua & Godiva liquor, but I bet it would be good with Van Gogh Chocolate Vodka, too!:p

Thanks!

Hi, yes the bartenders will make a special request:) and that

sounds delicious!!!!

OMG...that sounds fantastic:D

Lois,

Have you tried the martini with the hypnotique? I see you can order the martini flight anytime now. Uh Oh...:eek:

Donna :)

Hi Donna....I have not tried it (yet)...I usually drink Hypnotiq

on the rocks....but I will be having the Martini on Friday night:D

• 1 month later...
Oh no, I don't see the Magic Martini on the new menu ... it's my favorite! Say it ain't so!

Do you think if I asked really nicely ... I could still get one on Mercury later this month? Surely someone will remember how to make it ...

Jan

I will answer my own question (please excuse!) in case someone else was also wondering about "discontinued" martinis:

Yes, our great martini maestro Ruel Saucedo on Mercury a couple of weeks ago knew exactly how to make the Magic and was glad to make me several (ahem) throughout the cruise.

However, when I asked for a Magic in the Rendezvous Lounge, they said they could do it ... but gave me a regular gin martini. (The Magic has no gin at all; it's a vodka/scotch/frangelico thing.)

So my advice is to stick to the Martini Lounge! They know their stuff.

Looking for the Martini menu. You can find the first page of the one we had on Infinity in very late August here http://www.koobraey.com/Infinity/images/Martini1.jpg and the second (and final page) here http://www.koobraey.com/Infinity/images/Martini2.jpg

Thank you for these menu links!:) We are sailing on the Constellation in March and am looking forward to their martini bar.

We had gone 2 years ago and I could not remember what they had available in that lounge. I do recall that the martini flight served was a bit warm...but the bar was extremely crowded - so we did not want to make a fuss by asking them to redo. We managed to enjoy the drinks anyway! :D

We just got off the Constellation and had a great time in the Martini Bar, we were ther almost every night before and sometimes after dinner!! We tried the flight and each one was poured right at our table, so they were very cold. They can also make ones that are not on the menu anymore or just ask if your favorite is not there I am sure they will at least try to make it!! They were GREAT.

Kim

• 3 years later...

Archived