Late dinner and shows

We will be on the Serenade next March and have the late dinner reserved. Is that going to interfere with any of the planned shows and entertainment?

I haven't had the time to research the shows or the entertainment in the evenings. Are there any that are preferred or in the 'do not miss' category?

The are shows for both early and late seating. Sometimes though the late seating ones are before dinner so make sure you read the cruise compass each day. Don't miss the Quest, it is an adult only show around 10:30 at night.

We are trying the late seating for the first time on our January '08 cruise. We are doing that because the main dinner seating interfered with our port day excursions. We always felt that we had to rush back and shower to be ready on time for dinner at 6:00 pm when we really just wanted to take a nap! Often, we were not very hungry at dinner because we had just eaten lunch at 3:30 pm!

our only problem with shows after late seating dinner is staying awake after that after dinner drink! Of course, you can look around the room and watch other people nodding off too!

Or the before dinner drink... during dinner drink... after the before but not quite the during dinner drink... the mid-dessert drink... :o

I'm a sleepy drunk. Last cruise my BF was not 21 so I didn't drink hardly anything at all because I didn't want him to feel left out. I don't know what I'll do this time! If we're at a party, I usually knock off a couple hours into it. :p

Last thing I'd want is for them to have to wake me up after the show: "Miss, the show's been over for 15 minutes... we'll need you to vacate the theater now."

We just returned from crusing last week. We chose late seating which was 8:30. Most of the main shows for the late seating guests were at 7:15. Then there was always a show or two for all guests at 10:30. I have to say, our wait staff service was less than attentive. Although in their defense we did have 10 at our table (although we all were seated by 8:30). Often we were only being served dessert at 10 p.m.if not later. A little too late for me to enjoy.

We did want to make sure we were early forQuest, so that night we ate at Chops at 6:30.

All three cruises I have been on the late show began at 10:00 pm. People begin taking seats at 9:30 ish.... and it is usually full before 10:00 (if it is a good one ;) )

my point is..... if you eat and then head to the theatre - don't be surprised if you can't find a seat. They usually have an early show for the late diners so show first and then dinner.

We always eat dinner early...then a quick walk to help it settle...then to the theatre for the show.

No dinner seating interferes with any show. Usually, you will go to the shows BEFORE dinner, if you have late seating. There are some late night, "adult" shows that will be AFTER your late seating. No need to miss a thing!

We are trying the late seating for the first time on our January '08 cruise. We are doing that because the main dinner seating interfered with our port day excursions. We always felt that we had to rush back and shower to be ready on time for dinner at 6:00 pm when we really just wanted to take a nap! Often, we were not very hungry at dinner because we had just eaten lunch at 3:30 pm!

We are doing the same thing for our Jan 08 cruise as well. We always felt rushed and never even saw 1 sail away because we were always getting ready for dinner. This time the kids are older and we are trying the late seating. If it doesn't work out we will find ourselves part of the windjammer dinner club:D

When I check the online Compass's for the Serenade (from a Dec 2006 sailing) it shows a very similar schedule to which I experienced on the Explorer. That being shows for late seating tend to vary between before and after dinner. When the shows are after dinner, they are normally around 10:45pm. We didn't have any problems finding seats in the theatre.

Personally, my favorites were the shows put on by RCCL's singers & dancers, The Quest, and the Love and Marriage game show.

Archived