Big One Day Sale - Wednesday! (merged)

BILL-WI

From what I read on the offer, if you book online, they will charge you the full deposit, but then refund half.

I've never booked with RCCL. We paid in full on our NCL cruise this past summer because we booked a month ahead. What is the usual deposit amount? We're looking at the 13 night transatlantic in April.

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply.

What's the best phone number to use to book a cruise? I need to book two cabins and want a certain part of the ship which isn't being shown online.

Call the general 1-800 book-a-cruise number on their website. If you call on WOW sale day, be prepared to wait on-hold for a while, like 30 minutes.

NO you can not.

Terms & Conditions

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply.

That stinks!

I have an existing booking that I did online two months ago (AOS 1/27/08). Am I eligible for the WOW sale for the 50% deposit refund? My final payment is November 18th.

Not unless you cancel and rebook but I seem to remember Royal Caribbean warning people not to do this because it could effect the sale.

I have an existing booking that I did online two months ago (AOS 1/27/08). Am I eligible for the WOW sale for the 50% deposit refund? My final payment is November 18th.

No. It is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

Not unless you cancel and rebook but I seem to remember Royal Caribbean warning people not to do this because it could effect the sale.

"Any guest who cancels an existing booking between October 9 ? 17, 2007 will be disqualified from the promotion if they rebook the same sailing on October 17, 2007. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 17, 2007 and subsequently reinstated will not be eligible for the promotion."

Never mind. I just called RCCL REP. and he told me it's for new booking. He also told me not to cancel and rebook because I have a good deal at the time I reserved. Right now, the cost for AOS balcony superior is $700 more than the price I locked in with my reservation. :D

"Any guest who cancels an existing booking between October 9 ? 17, 2007 will be disqualified from the promotion if they rebook the same sailing on October 17, 2007. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 17, 2007 and subsequently reinstated will not be eligible for the promotion."

Thank you for posting that. I knew there was a problem with rebooking.

We booked our first ever cruise through AAA, pd in full....one wk too early! Yes, we pd in full including ins. thru RCI for Tampa sailing Jan17 to celebrate our 37th anniv.

Now tell me all I did wrong. Did the AAA agent know about this sale when we were there??

I see I can't cancel & rebook. Who can I complain to

(Other than all of you). Agent had to call RCI to get us into the handicap JS so would he have known? I could scream that she talked us into paying in full.

Ok seasoned cruisers-:eek: What would you do at this pt?

Even though I hate to pass up on a good deal, I think you should feel good about getting the specific cabin you wanted.

The only thing you are missing out on with the one day sale is $100 if it was a 7 night cruise. Since you paid in full, the reduced deposit would mean nothing for you.

We booked our first ever cruise through AAA, pd in full....one wk too early! Yes, we pd in full including ins. thru RCI for Tampa sailing Jan17 to celebrate our 37th anniv.

Now tell me all I did wrong. Did the AAA agent know about this sale when we were there??

I see I can't cancel & rebook. Who can I complain to

(Other than all of you). Agent had to call RCI to get us into the handicap JS so would he have known? I could scream that she talked us into paying in full.

Ok seasoned cruisers-:eek: What would you do at this pt?

The fact that you paid in full is not what makes you ineligible for this sale. It's the fact that you booked already. Had you waited, you may not have gotten your handicap JS and/or your price may have gone up. As to whether your TA or the RCI agent knew, I really doubt it. Even if the RCI agent knew, they are not going to turn away business.

As for what I would do at this point, I'd sit back and be happy that I got the cabin I wanted at a price I was happy with and happy that I (or my TA) won't have to be on hold for 30 or 40 minutes on the sale day waiting to hopefully get the cabin I wanted. Also, it's time to start watching for price drops!

OK,

but does that mean that you cannot get a price reduction if the price drops in two weeks????

I cut and pasted this directly from the bottom of the e-confirmation I received from the cruise I booked during the last WOW sale:

If your price should decrease prior to your final payment date, we can easily match the new price. If the price should decrease on or after your final payment date - the new price may or may not be applicable as some of our price programs are restricted and valid for new bookings only.

Any guest who cancels an existing booking between October 9 ? 17, 2007 will be disqualified from the promotion if they rebook the same sailing on October 17, 2007. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 17, 2007 and subsequently reinstated will not be eligible for the promotion."

O.K. I see the cancel part in the fine print. What if I book an additional cabin. I'll put out the money for another deposit. Then cancel my original booking in a few month. I don't sail until next summer. Would that work? I don't need my original cabin just another cabin in the same catagory same deck.

Archived