Big One Day Sale - Wednesday! (merged)

BILL-WI

Thanks, just make sure you read the Terms & Conditions.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BOOKING ONLINE

Bookings made on the web site will not show reduced deposit amount. Deposit amount will be manually adjusted and difference will be refunded.

Terms & Conditions

* The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is applicable on all Royal Caribbean International sailings between January 2, 2008 through August 31, 2009. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on October 17, 2007 by 11.59 p.m. EST to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on October 17, 2007 without deposit will not qualify for this promotion. Onboard credit is in US dollars only and will be subsequently applied to qualified bookings by Royal Caribbean International no later than October 28, 2007. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply. Not valid for group bookings or Cruisetour packages. Any guest who cancels an existing booking between October 9 ? 17, 2007 will be disqualified from the promotion if they rebook the same sailing on October 17, 2007. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 17, 2007 and subsequently reinstated will not be eligible for the promotion. The 50% reduced deposit will also be applied to on-line bookings; however, the online booking confirmation will not reflect this discount. The pricing and special offer is based on availability and is subject to change without notice. All prices are quoted in U.S. and Canadian dollars. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Certain restrictions apply. © 2007 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. Brilliance of the Seas is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

OK so I planned on booking my 11/08 cruise within the next month or so anyway and the 1/2 deposit thing sounds awesome! But I'm scared!

I've read the terms and conditions, I don't think any of the exclusions apply to me :confused: am I missing anything? I want to make sure I don't get screwed out of any future discounts etc.

Is anyone NOT going to take advantage of this deal? Why?

~Connie

I took advantage of this type of sale in June and booked my July 08 cruise on Explorer. I think it's a great deal if you're already contemplating booking. The reduced deposit ties up less of your $$$ and I can't wait to use THEIR $100 per cabin OBC:D :D .

RCCL Big sale next Wednesday...with 1/2 deposits and OBCs.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/specialOffers3.do

BILL

Thanks Bill. How does that compare (the OBC) to "NextCruise" (when you book on the ship)?

I am debating between using the online coupon ($125 off the stateroom/7-Night/Balcony), booking with NextCruise on my November cruise (only savings is the OBC) or this offer. What do you recommend?

If you are not a crown & anchor member platinum status or higher, or hold RC stock, then this is a good deal. If you are any of the above, then you CANNOT use your C&A Balcony discount or stockholder OBC. Also, if there is a price reduction, not sure if you qualify for that either.

If you are planning to book a cruise, this is a great deal!

Thanks Bill. How does that compare (the OBC) to "NextCruise" (when you book on the ship)?

I am debating between using the online coupon ($125 off the stateroom/7-Night/Balcony), booking with NextCruise on my November cruise (only savings is the OBC) or this offer. What do you recommend?

I think you're better off with what you were going to do.......(assuming you can pay the full deposit)........you cant use the $125 off with this sale...nor can you use a Next Cruise.....

Ok - probably a really stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. The 50% reduced deposit, are you truly getting a discount or are you just going to have to pay the other 50% of the deposit later?:o Thanks for any info.

You'll have to pay the rest later when final payment is due......the other "half" will be in your total.....

You dont get away with just paying 1/2 a deposit,really..just helps in the beginning....

I saw that also, but due to the restrictions, doesn't really benefit us. Since we get the OBC for booking onboard anyway and the SH credit and the balcony discount, we are better off not doing the special. But as the other poster said, if you are new to RC or below a Platinum level, then it could be a big benefit

For the June WOW sale, I had my TA book us on Majesty (1/2 dep and $50 OBC) she told me the C & A discount was not going to be applied. Then she confided that RCI told them about a week later they were going in to manually adjust to allow the C & A balcony discount. Sure enough about 1 week later I got a revised final payment amount due. AND last month there was a residency rate offered for our sailing in the JS and the TA applied that too. I had also wanted her to book me on Empress but guess what, the sailings were closed that day only of the WOW sale. I booked it myself on-line. So next Wednesday, some ships may show as being sold out, when they're really not.

So, we did NextCruise in Sept on Enchantment. Does the $200 we put down get applied to the 1/2 price deposit? I also assume that I would not get the $100 OBC from NextCruise & the $100 OBC from the promotion?

Cant use the NextCRuise as your deposit.........see the restrictions(3rd post)

Ok - probably a really stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. The 50% reduced deposit, are you truly getting a discount or are you just going to have to pay the other 50% of the deposit later?:o Thanks for any info.

The only discount you are receiving is off the deposit. So lets say your normal deposit is $200 per person you would pay $100 pp on the sale day. You still own the other half that would be added into your final payment.

So, we did NextCruise in Sept on Enchantment. Does the $200 we put down get applied to the 1/2 price deposit? I also assume that I would not get the $100 OBC from NextCruise & the $100 OBC from the promotion?

No you can not if you read the terms & conditions.

Here they are again.

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply.

As someone stated above this is only good if your not a Platinum or above or a shareholder. You can not use balcony discounts given to C&A Platinum & above members or receive an OBC for being a shareholder.

If you use you open booking you and used C&A coupons and youe balconey discounts and receive your OCB for being a shareholder.

Lets say you used you open booking for a 7 night cruise. You will get your $100 OBC plus if your a shareholder another $100 OBC for a total of $200 OBC

JMT

I just checked the RCCL website and there are currently no C&A certs for my cruise. If they come out in the future will I be able to apply them?

What do you all think?

~Connie

No.........no further discounts..

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers

I just checked the RCCL website and there are currently no C&A certs for my cruise. If they come out in the future will I be able to apply them?

What do you all think?

~Connie

NO you can not.

Terms & Conditions

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply.

No.........no further discounts..

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers

they get ya one way or another??!! I did not book a next cruise while onboard, couldnt make up my mind when I would be able to book because of my parents being in ill health.

Looks to me like it wouldnt hurt to book. We will probably only be able to do a last minute type booking anyway.

This sounds great. We are ready to book SOS 11/08, just waiting on RCI credit card to come thru. We may book next wed even if it doesn't come in time. This has to be booked thru RCI right? We get a cash back from our TA, but it only amounts to $50 pp, I would rather have the obc.

I am new to this, can obc be used for any room charges. Can you use it to pay the bar bill??

they get ya one way or another??!! I did not book a next cruise while onboard, couldnt make up my mind when I would be able to book because of my parents being in ill health.

Looks to me like it wouldnt hurt to book. We will probably only be able to do a last minute type booking anyway.

You could of done an open booking while onboard and received the OBC its a $100 deposit pp. and it never expires. The only thing is deposits are non refundable.

The only discount here is 1/2 off the deposit plus an Onboard Credit? How could they offer this for dates of August 2009 when those rates are not out yet? I am planning a Greece and Eastern Med cruise but was told by RC that it is not available yet, they don't even know which ship will be going yet. It's either the Legend or Brilliance. One other thing... I am a Captain's club member with Celebrity, will I be able to get any discount with RC using this membership? It is an expensive cruise and I want to bring the kids, thus making it even more expensive! Help me guys, I haven't cruised in at least 10 years.

The only discount here is 1/2 off the deposit plus an Onboard Credit? How could they offer this for dates of August 2009 when those rates are not out yet?.

They do have the Mariner Mexican Riveria available now for those dates........thats about it.

This sounds great. We are ready to book SOS 11/08, just waiting on RCI credit card to come thru. We may book next wed even if it doesn't come in time. This has to be booked thru RCI right? We get a cash back from our TA, but it only amounts to $50 pp, I would rather have the obc.

I am new to this, can obc be used for any room charges. Can you use it to pay the bar bill??

You are only going to get $50 OBC and thats per cabin......So with all these restrictions,I would just book thru your TA.......who knows if any coupons will come out later...plus according to what you said,you'll get back $50 pp......

Archived